Captain club cocktail hour wine?

RM

It differs from ship to ship. It is sometimes good and sometimes terrible. It was really bad on one ship and we asked the beverage manager if we could have something else. He told our waiter to bring us another wine and it was much better. Our waiter then served us that wine the rest of the cruise.

Sandra

Uncle-B is correct. Not sure which red you did not like last year but we had a classic package last year on a B2B on Constellation. There were about 5 choices on the first cruise and 4 on the second (2 being different). With a few exceptions, wines change greatly from year to year in both quality and availability. Also a small tip to the sommelier early in the cruise usually results in a greatly expanded selection being offered. We usually had no idea what was being poured except for the varietal. Am sure many were above the $9 a glass limit.

Uncle-B is correct. Not sure which red you did not like last year but we had a classic package last year on a B2B on Constellation. There were about 5 choices on the first cruise and 4 on the second (2 being different). With a few exceptions, wines change greatly from year to year in both quality and availability. Also a small tip to the sommelier early in the cruise usually results in a greatly expanded selection being offered. We usually had no idea what was being poured except for the varietal. Am sure many were above the $9 a glass limit.

The OP is not talking about the wine with the Beverage Package. Talking about the complimentary wine at the Captain's Club Happy Hour.

Thank you for your replies. The wine we have gotten at the Elite Cocktails was pretty awful last year in the Silhouette and Eclipse. I had a beverage package last time we sailed and was trying to figure out if it was a good idea this trip.

Thank you for your replies. The wine we have gotten at the Elite Cocktails was pretty awful last year in the Silhouette and Eclipse. I had a beverage package last time we sailed and was trying to figure out if it was a good idea this trip.

I wouldn't pay for the beverage package, but if it was thrown in with your cruise, I would pay the $11.80 to upgrade to the premium.

I agree, the wine they provide at the Elite Cocktail is not very good. If I don't have the beverage package, I will normally stick with beer.

Can anyone tell me the current red being served? Has it improved in the last year?

New to Celebrity. Just turned Platinum on Royal, so was issued a "Captain's Club" number when booking a 14 day Southern on the Eclipse. Can anyone tell me what the Captain's Club cocktail hour is. Is it a daily happy hour or a Welcome Back type one night event?

Can anyone tell me what the Captain's Club cocktail hour is. Is it a daily happy hour or a Welcome Back type one night event?

The cocktail (2) hrs are for Elite and above and is held nightly between 5-7pm.

Depending how many Elites are on board, they may give out vouchers, which can be used in most bars.

The cocktail (2) hrs are for Elite and above and is held nightly between 5-7pm.

Depending how many Elites are on board, they may give out vouchers, which can be used in most bars.

the event / vouchers are now as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike since the advent of the drinks packages

being included [emoji15]