Anyone in anthem 10173?

My family and I booked this room for nov. 22 week. It's billed as an L category and that's what we paid for.

Apparently it's not, it's 166 square feet and not 178 square feet.

I already know of one person who got stuck in this room and is awaiting a refund.

Anyone else sail in this room and can confirm its a small virtual balcony and not a large?

No not a guarantee. All travel agents and every single deck plan out there calls 10173 a large interior L at 178 square feet. The plans came out before the ship was built.

It is apparently not an L but a regular size virtual balcony.

We paid for a large category L.

I was simply trying to understand how you got assigned or selected a cabin that you don't want. Didn't you or your TA pick it?

The OP wanted an L and picked what the deck plans show is an L, but apparently the plans are wrong, and her L cabin is not an L but a smaller category. The issue seems to be that RCI I has mislabeled and thus mispriced this cabin.

My family and I booked this room for nov. 22 week. It's billed as an L category and that's what we paid for.

Apparently it's not, it's 166 square feet and not 178 square feet.

I already know of one person who got stuck in this room and is awaiting a refund.

Anyone else sail in this room and can confirm its a small virtual balcony and not a large?

Just curious as to why you think that it is the smaller room. It is labelled as a larger cabin on the website. With a difference of only 12 sq ft this would not be noticeable to most cruisers unless they actually had measuring tapes and compared 2 different cabins.

Have you seen the pictures or videos of a K or L vs an M? Probably not or you wouldn't be questioning this. There's a marked difference in layout.

Also if it was your money on line you might feel differently

Wow. I was simply asking why you thought there was a difference from what was posted on the website. No reason for the hostility.

If you are going by posted pictures on the website Royal typically uses the same pictures for many cabins. I have seen the exact same picture used for 2 f

Different cabin classes on the oasis with different square foot ages.

A cabin 6 inches wider and 6 inches longer will be about 12 sq ft larger.

Not being hostile just getting frustrated because it doesn't seem people are reading my original post.

I stated right off the the bat that I know of someone (I am in contact with them) who had this experience in this cabin on anthem already.

My post was to see if any one else out there has been in this cabin.

Thank you tura lura. Conandrob-I'm going to spell this out for you. Go to the deck plan on the royal Caribbean website - look at room 10173. It is pink in color. That is a category L. That is what all the travel agents are booking off of. Do you not remember what turtles06 explained to you?

It was mislabeled by royal. It is actually an M cabin. How do I know this? It has been reported

It might be the size of an M cabin but if RCI wants to call it a L, there's not much you can do about it other than inform others that it is not a good cabin to book. Just like some obstructed balconies are better than others. Just because someone else complained about it and got some sort of refund doesn't mean that is the norm. It is up you to decide how much of your time you want to invest in complaining about this vs the potential reward. I'm curious - what's the price diff between an M and L on your sailing?

I am still unclear how you "got stuck in" this room? You picked it when you booked, right? Seems before picking it may have been the time to do the homework.

Are you being deliberately obtuse here? It's quite clear what happened. If the only info available when you book is the deck plan, that's all the homework you can do, and frankly pax should be able to rely on a published deck plan. Here, after booking, when people started sailing on Anthem, it appears to have come to light (and probably only to those fortunate enough to read social media like this) that this cabin is labeled incorrectly on the deck plans.

Once again, I feel understood by you turtles06. Biker19- there is a several hundred dollar difference per person between an M and an L. Could be talking about close to 1,000 difference here. If you book one thing (a year and a half in advance before a ship is built) you must be able to rely on a deckplan. There is nothing else to go on. If you booked and then arrive in your stateroom tans discovered you did not have the cabin you thought you had - you would be upset too

Once myself and TA convinced them (and by them I mean the people in resolutions who too are working off the wrong deck plan) that they need to look into this they agreed to call the ship and have management go into the room.

But anthem just left on a 12 night cruise in the Mediterranean. So according to RCI they have to wait til ship comes back to Southampton to enter stateroom. I just want to know they will acknowledge and deal with it - it's partially the principle of the matter that is upsetting. It's not easy to convince a big company that they have made a mistake.

there is a several hundred dollar difference per person between an M and an L. Could be talking about close to 1,000 difference here.

Must have been a very unusual situation - from the pricing trend I see that there's typically less than $100 diff between L and M. Before M cabins sold out last month, the diff was $53. If RCI looks at recent prices, they might only give you about $100 or perhaps move you into one of the remaining Ls. But you are right, they should correct the deck plan to have it list the correct size/category.