Caribbean Tier Members

ravenscourt

I am like yourself and don't like to leave the cases in the car. Hubby gets cross when he has to take all the cases into the overnight hotel as I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left them.

It's not so much the thought of losing the cases it's not being able to board the ship with out them!

Yes I had heard that but even though we enjoy hot/cold snacks and champagne in dedicated area onboard my main concern is that we always travel down the night before and stay in hotel just outside Southampton. The hotel asks you to vacate rooms at 10am and although I know you could perhaps sit in hotel lounge but dont fancy sitting in a hotel from 10am until 2pm. Some have said go sightseeing or shopping in Southampton but dont like the idea for security reasons of parking my car in a public car park for 3-4 hrs with it loaded with suitcases on view.

I agree exactly and one of the points I made to Chris Edgington about the new embarkation system in general irrespective of the Loyalty level, was that the new arrangements might be fine for those living close enough to travel on the day. However many of us had to travel down the night before and so had no option other than go to the port when we have to leave our rooms. We always stay at the Premier Inn West Quay and there really is nothing there to do once you're out of your room. And I don't see why we should be forced to wander aimlessly round Southampton potentially in the cold and wet before our next cruise in Feb.

I agree exactly and one of the points I made to Chris Edgington about the new embarkation system in general irrespective of the Loyalty level, was that the new arrangements might be fine for those living close enough to travel on the day. However many of us had to travel down the night before and so had no option other than go to the port when we have to leave our rooms. We always stay at the Premier Inn West Quay and there really is nothing there to do once you're out of your room. And I don't see why we should be forced to wander aimlessly round Southampton potentially in the cold and wet before our next cruise in Feb.

I do like this Premier Inn but do agree there is very little room to hang around store luggage.

I am in the Premier Inn now. Getting on Aurora tomorrow. Rather dreading it.

Don't want to depress you Clodia but read on FB that embarkation on Arcadia today was chaotic (quote!). Good luck and come back and tell us how you get on.

Edited by tartanexile81

PopsiB looking at your cruise profile .

you may well qualify for Princess Captains Circle Elite Tier straight away. You would need 16 P&O Cruises or 151 cruise days

Benefits are free dry cleaning, free internet. free minibar set up ( worth $ 75 )

Express embarkation/disembarkation.

Express Tendering.

Free Canapes delivered to cabin on Formal nights.

Free shoe polishing service.

10 % discount on boutique spend.

Free Wine Tasting

Free 24 hour room service

Free fruit bowl.

All these benefits apply to inside/ocean view/balcony cabins.

Makes P&O's Caribbean Tier benefits look pretty paltry. Princess know how to reward loyalty unlike P&O !

Thanks for that Ravenscourt, I did register with Princess some years ago so I already have a number with the Captains Circle. I didn't realise the full amount of Benefits within their package though. :)

Edited by PopsiB

We are cruising with P & O in a couple of weeks. I have just had a look at our Personliser and I was amazed to see that we are now only ticked as having a Priority Check In Queue (whatever that means). No tick for Early Embarkation or a Terminal Hospitality Lounge in Southampton. We had both of these on our last two cruises & were checked in on arrival at the port immediately.As others have said it took some time and loyalty to P & O to get to Caribbean and if we do lose these benefits we will vote with our feet. We are Elite on Princess and the treatment we got from them was second to none. I hope P & O will rethink this change to Caribbean.

Yes I had heard that but even though we enjoy hot/cold snacks and champagne in dedicated area onboard my main concern is that we always travel down the night before and stay in hotel just outside Southampton. The hotel asks you to vacate rooms at 10am and although I know you could perhaps sit in hotel lounge but dont fancy sitting in a hotel from 10am until 2pm. Some have said go sightseeing or shopping in Southampton but dont like the idea for security reasons of parking my car in a public car park for 3-4 hrs with it loaded with suitcases on view.

Oh dear. I think I've heard it all now. P & 0 will have to add to their list 'I don't like to leave my suitcases in the car for security purposes' now.

I think if people have such major concerns like this before they cruise, perhaps cruising is not for them.

I really can't see P & O taking that one onboard. It actually made me laugh out loud...:D

Oh dear. I think I've heard it all now. P & 0 will have to add to their list 'I don't like to leave my suitcases in the car for security purposes' now.

I think if people have such major concerns like this before they cruise, perhaps cruising is not for them.

I really can't see P & O taking that one onboard. It actually made me laugh out loud...:D

Maybe you would like your car broken into but I for one would not. Have you never heard or read the Police advice about not leaving valuables in your car. Silly remark:rolleyes:

I am still at a total loss to understand how these people manage with other modes of transport.

Do they arrive hours earlier for trains and planes and buses.

We are allow some time for problems people but if by the time we cruise we know it will do no good turning up early, then we will not.

We do not live in Southampton, so we could have problems, but I check first thing in the morning for problems en route and take it from there.

How would all of the people who must board at 11am board 1000 people!e in 1/2 hour, which is what people seem to want.

I don't think it was a silly remark at all.

I really dont think P & O will take into consideration you leaving your suitcases in your car as a valid argument for priority boarding.

In fact from a personal point of view and this is from someone who has to travel a long way to Southampton as I live in Scotland, it's one of the most bizarre excuses I've heard yet on this subject.

Drop your bags off at the terminal, and then drive into Southampton.

I don't think anyone suggested P&O should take security of cases into consideration as a reason for priority boarding, I think that it was just a discussion about some of the considerations that people have to make now that perhaps they didn't in the previous system, when they had priority boarding as a result of their loyalty. In collaborating and chatting about these things we can share info such as hotels with secure parking, or how easy it is to drop cases off before shopping as Ataraxia suggests.

While the Caribbeans are still getting their knickers in a total twist.

What about suites/mini suites. Until now they also have had priority boarding.

What will happen to those poor people.

If you are talking about loyalty, who is more loyal, someone who always books an inside, on a saver fare 3/4 times a year, or someone in a suite/mini suite who pays a select fare but only cruises once/twice a year.

While the Caribbeans are still getting their knickers in a total twist.

What about suites/mini suites. Until now they also have had priority boarding.

What will happen to those poor people.

If you are talking about loyalty, who is more loyal, someone who always books an inside, on a saver fare 3/4 times a year, or someone in a suite/mini suite who pays a select fare but only cruises once/twice a year.

Suites get 12.30 on their e-ticket