Caribbean Tier Members

ravenscourt

To us, yes it does matter. We are Caribbean and have earned priority embarkation by the amount of cruises we have done with P&O.

P&O know how many passengers there are in suites,Ligurian and Caribbean grades - why not just allocate them the earliest slots ?

I agree with the others, it would bother you if it was being taken away from you.

You are absolutely right; it bothers me because I've spent 15 years cruising with P and O and will be Caribbean after my next cruise at last! I resent having anything reflecting my brand loyalty taken away from me when it's taken so many years to earn it!

and I'll have a bet you will still be on board the ship at 1300, because you will be given an earlier time than the newbies. So what's the problem?

One of the problems is that people are generally very helpful and supportive to each other on these boards. It's very unusual for people be so dismissive of other people's posts. I certainly know that, when I post, not everybody will agree with me, but I do try to answer questions with respect for other people's opinions.

I also agree with bee-ess: I don't know how you can possibly know that Caribbean + will be given an earlier time. It's certainly NOT what was indicated in the responses I've had from P&O. I hope you don't place too much money on your bet

Edited by tartanexile81

I agree that nobody is talking about removing discounts it was an example because you find benefits that you personally dont get being withdrawn as minor and mindblowing. It is easy to say its no great problem to remove Peninsular Club benefits that you dont personally get but I bet if they did remove a benefit that you do get i.e. 8.5% discount then you would have a different opinion and you would then moan and whinge and not then find them minor or mindblowing.

Silly question.

I wonder if it has occurred to P&O the possible consequences of not keeping their promises to Caribbean Tier + members regarding Priority Embarkation ?

What's not to stop Caribbean Tier + members not honouring their obligations ?

Say reducing Automatic tips by 5-10 % to display their unhappiness with this development.

P&O are all about the bottom line & should keep their loyalty promises.

We also can move Goal Posts !

So you would make the staff suffer because of it?

The staff wouldnt suffer because they have an agreement in their contracts that if a certain amount of wage is not reached through gratuities there wages are made up by P&O to that level. That is why its of interest to P&O to make sure you pay the gratuity because it saves them money because they dont have to pay to that amount.

The staff wouldnt suffer because they have an agreement in their contracts that if a certain amount of wage is not reached through gratuities there wages are made up by P&O to that level. That is why its of interest to P&O to make sure you pay the gratuity because it saves them money because they dont have to pay to that amount.

Well I never knew that. Thanks for the info.

Why are people so uptight about priority boarding? If you've paid your money you're going to board whatever....:-)

I am not priority boarding but I can understand how people are annoyed by this. It takes a lot of money and cruising to get to this status, so they should be rewarded for their loyalty.

I probably will never reach this level but can understand how some are feeling.

Why are people so uptight about priority boarding? If you've paid your money you're going to board whatever....:-)

Please read some of the previous post and your question will be answered. I definitely wouldn't say I'm "uptight" netchels, but i am disappointed that this has happened, particularly without any prior notice whatsoever.

Edited by tartanexile81

I'm afraid I don't understand it..... we are always on within 30 minutes of getting to the terminal..... never waited any longer than that....I'd prefer more of a perk than that :-/

mmmm I think you just might find that things have changed.

Silly question.

I wonder if it has occurred to P&O the possible consequences of not keeping their promises to Caribbean Tier + members regarding Priority Embarkation ?

What's not to stop Caribbean Tier + members not honouring their obligations ?

Say reducing Automatic tips by 5-10 % to display their unhappiness with this development.

P&O are all about the bottom line & should keep their loyalty promises.

We also can move Goal Posts !

Really you cannot be serious !!!

But I think the new timings will be enforced from November ?

So previous experiences are not now relevant.

I thought it was from October.

If things don't go like clockwork after it comes in, would it still be down to people turning up much earlier than their slot.

I found it rather telling in the bit from wotshisname that he said up to 1/2 of the passengers were turning up in the first hour. You can see what problems that causes.

I have visions of Caribbean's stood arguing with the ladies at the top of the steps , holding everyone up ,with "don't you know what I am?"

The check in people will not be the ones who can change things. If people stick to their slots and it still doesn't work then you contact whoever.

P and O are bringing this in, so we can only give it a go and see if it does work better.

As regards to does one want cabins reading on boarding. Having tried to eat in the buffet in the past with suitcases/bags all over the place, it will probably make it a more pleasant experience to walk around with just a handbag.

I also like to unpack asap...Once that is done I am properly on holiday

We don't use the Buffet on boarding as there has never been anywhere to sit. Seats all taken up with those already on board who have nowhere else to go and still carrying hand luggage.

On our last cruise cabins were ready as we boarded and luggage was there. Unpacked and then went exploring, much more relaxed.

We had an early afternoon tea when the buffet was quieter.

It's a shame they are making the changes as we are almost onto Caribbean tier but it sounds as though you will still board as you arrive at the terminal.

We mostly fly cruise so this benefit doesn't apply to us so much though.

Reason they are upset is one of the benefits of Peninsular Club for those in higher tiers ia at port of Southampton you get a dedicated lounge on boarding and get hot/cold buffet and free champagne but under new check in system a lot will be given times to board when this benefit has finished so a pointless benefit.

We don't use the Buffet on boarding as there has never been anywhere to sit. Seats all taken up with those already on board who have nowhere else to go and still carrying hand luggage.

On our last cruise cabins were ready as we boarded and luggage was there. Unpacked and then went exploring, much more relaxed.

We had an early afternoon tea when the buffet was quieter.

It's a shame they are making the changes as we are almost onto Caribbean tier but it sounds as though you will still board as you arrive at the terminal.

We mostly fly cruise so this benefit doesn't apply to us so much though.

PopsiB looking at your cruise profile .

you may well qualify for Princess Captains Circle Elite Tier straight away. You would need 16 P&O Cruises or 151 cruise days

Benefits are free dry cleaning, free internet. free minibar set up ( worth $ 75 )

Express embarkation/disembarkation.

Express Tendering.

Free Canapes delivered to cabin on Formal nights.

Free shoe polishing service.

10 % discount on boutique spend.

Free Wine Tasting

Free 24 hour room service

Free fruit bowl.

All these benefits apply to inside/ocean view/balcony cabins.

Makes P&O's Caribbean Tier benefits look pretty paltry. Princess know how to reward loyalty unlike P&O !

Reason they are upset is one of the benefits of Peninsular Club for those in higher tiers ia at port of Southampton you get a dedicated lounge on boarding and get hot/cold buffet and free champagne but under new check in system a lot will be given times to board when this benefit has finished so a pointless benefit.

Hi MT, it's not finished, they've extended the time until 3.30 I think it said - still a bit early if you have a later boarding time though.

Hi MT, it's not finished, they've extended the time until 3.30 I think it said - still a bit early if you have a later boarding time though.

Yes I had heard that but even though we enjoy hot/cold snacks and champagne in dedicated area onboard my main concern is that we always travel down the night before and stay in hotel just outside Southampton. The hotel asks you to vacate rooms at 10am and although I know you could perhaps sit in hotel lounge but dont fancy sitting in a hotel from 10am until 2pm. Some have said go sightseeing or shopping in Southampton but dont like the idea for security reasons of parking my car in a public car park for 3-4 hrs with it loaded with suitcases on view.

Yes I had heard that but even though we enjoy hot/cold snacks and champagne in dedicated area onboard my main concern is that we always travel down the night before and stay in hotel just outside Southampton. The hotel asks you to vacate rooms at 10am and although I know you could perhaps sit in hotel lounge but dont fancy sitting in a hotel from 10am until 2pm. Some have said go sightseeing or shopping in Southampton but dont like the idea for security reasons of parking my car in a public car park for 3-4 hrs with it loaded with suitcases on view.

I understand completely. I think it would be great if you could drop your cases and car off and there was a shuttle to the shops!

I don't know if it helps but the Pig In The Wall hotel isn't cheap (and the evening food is more like a snack) BUT you can pay £10 for parking, which is gated and CCTV monitored 24 hours. It is in walking distance of restaurants and Southampton. So unless you or anyone you are travelling with has mobility issues, this may help. It's also a short drive to the terminal and has a lovely bar in the evening. They also do a free shuttle to the Pig in the Forest restaurant but it's advisable to book in advance.

I am like yourself and don't like to leave the cases in the car. Hubby gets cross when he has to take all the cases into the overnight hotel as I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left them.