back to sort of back ?

We are going to be cruising back to sort of back on 2 separate cruises this year and have a question regarding changing from gold to platinum. We will be on the Navigator for a 8 day cruise and on day 3 we will have our 30 days at sea. I know royal does not recognise that you have changed until after you complete your cruise so here is where the question comes in. When we leave the Navigator and go to the other side of the port to the Allure should we expect to be gold or platinum in Royals eyes. It is not a big deal either way but would be nice to hear others opinions or experiences.

We are going to be cruising back to sort of back on 2 separate cruises this year and have a question regarding changing from gold to platinum. We will be on the Navigator for a 8 day cruise and on day 3 we will have our 30 days at sea. I know royal does not recognise that you have changed until after you complete your cruise so here is where the question comes in. When we leave the Navigator and go to the other side of the port to the Allure should we expect to be gold or platinum in Royals eyes. It is not a big deal either way but would be nice to hear others opinions or experiences.

You won't automatically be Platinum on Allure because it usually takes aboout a week for your status to be updated. However, if you visit the Loyalty Ambassador on Allure, they should be able to change your level to Platinum on that cruise. The only differences would be robes in your stateroom and an invite to the top-tier party.

You won't automatically be Platinum on Allure because it usually takes aboout a week for your status to be updated. However, if you visit the Loyalty Ambassador on Allure, they should be able to change your level to Platinum on that cruise. The only differences would be robes in your stateroom and an invite to the top-tier party.

Thank you for the quick reply Bob. It would be nice to be invited to the top tier party so maybe this is something we will look into. My wife would like to have the robe in our room so that would be great for her too. Thanks again

That's called a side-to-side cruise!:D

That's called a side-to-side cruise!:D

We tried this on our last vacation and it worked so well that we decided that is what we will do for the next couple years. Its funny that we say we have 2 cruises booked but it is not what most consider a back to back because we jump ships. We like to make sure we see new things so this has something to do with it as well. On this trip I am going to try really hard to document what I can so I can post a comparison of the 2 ships afterwards. It should make for a really interesting review since we will be on the ships long enough to get a real feel for them. I will call our cruises "side to side" from now on too :D.