Cove vs Regular Balcony

Bases5

The only negatives I had thought about if we booked were that sometimes its loud being close to the water, dont book by the galley and some have lifeboats directly above them. I was thisclose to booking one but then an aft was open and then eventually moved us to spa balcony but I ould very much like to try if I had the choice between a "regular" side or cove. Let us know what you decide.

We have had both regular and cove balconies. We have been fortunate I guess because we have not had any noise issues from above or outside. It is really cool being that close to the water. You are however a little closed in. The best I can describe it is the difference in being on a house deck that is covered vs one that is not.

Book the cove. Book the cove. Book the cove. Did I mention you should book the cove? LOL The cove balconies are AMAZING. They are the only balconies we will book/pay extra for. The privacy, the close proximity to the water, the noise....OMG they are amazing. The only time we book balconies is if we sail on a Dream class and there is a cove available. Don't hesitate, book it ASAP. :) Edited to add: just check the layout and make sure you don't book a room under the galley.

Edited by watermelonqueen99

We just returned from a cruise on the Breeze and actually had a cove balcony. Loved it! Would definitely book one again. No problem with noise at all. Loved being that close to the water. I would highly recommend the cove balcony.

We had a cove on the Dream a year and a half ago, and have one booked on the Breeze in a little over 6 months. Fantastic rooms, just make sure you're not under the galley and you'll be good to go. Dining rooms or Guest Services/Shore excursion desk areas are quiet.

Our very first balcony room was a cove on the Dream. Next two cruises were glory and then Liberty, and had a balcony in the Lido. When we booked the Breeze for next April we decided on the cove, because of the closeness to the water. The only real downside is being on deck two, but we booked 2288 which is under the restaurant, so noise shouldn't be an issue. The stairs up to the atrium are not far away, or head back to the stairs that go up to the lido buffet area. Or go all the way to the rear stairs to access the rear pool. (I say stairs because I need the exercise ;))

The coves have more room on the balcony...45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft for a standard balcony. Most are shaded by lifeboats hanging over the side of the ship on deck 4. Deck 5 has an outer lanai that goes all around the ship. On a cove balcony, you look directly down to the water 3 decks below. On a standard balcony, you look down onto the lanai. The inside of the cabin is the same as other standard balcony cabins.

DSC07688_zpslezl9nlz.jpg

Just got back from the Magic and had a cove. It was our first balcony so I can not compare it other balcony. We where under the galley and only heard a little nose a few nights. The only draw back we where so far from the lido deck. I would diffenlty book one again.

It wouldn't be a mistake to switch. It also wouldn't be a mistake to stay. The pros and cons of each aren't big enough to sway ME either way. We did the Cove on the Dream last year. We are doing Lido Balcony this time to be closer to the action.

Hi all!

Bases5 ~ great decision!

Here's a cabin review of my cove:

Cabin review: 2349

Starstrans5.gif

deckplan.gif

Deck Plans

I LOVED my cove balcony as did the cabin crawl people & Gambee.The balcony is bigger than the ordinary ones, shadier & more private.I used this balcony more than any other I've had, even for room service breakfast once.

My next Carnival ship has to have coves & Guys'.;) Hope you like yours as much as I liked mine.

~ Jo ~ :)

We had a cove balcony on our most recent cruise on the Breeze and loved it. Being close to the water, watching the waves, occasionally seeing flying fish (but no mermaids! Darn it! :rolleyes:) were huge pluses for me. I would suggest that you choose your cabin location carefully. Those just below the Shore Excursions Desk area are a good spot if you want to avoid noise from above, but it's a looong walk to the Aft elevator if you're heading up to the Lido deck. ;)