Boarding time messages from RCCL

Lil Pups

We cruised the Allure a few months ago and I remember being inundated with e-mails, texts, and phone calls from RCCL as to when to arrive at the pier to board according to your deck location. We are on the Oasis tomorrow and so far not one single message as to when to arrive at the pier for boarding. Just wondering if Royal stopped doing that or (gasp) do they not know I'm sailing tomorrow?

I maybe wrong but they seem to only do it when there may be a delayed boarding or special circumstances. The only time I've received them is after a Noro outbreak or Coast Guard inspection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We cruised the Allure a few months ago and I remember being inundated with e-mails, texts, and phone calls from RCCL as to when to arrive at the pier to board according to your deck location. We are on the Oasis tomorrow and so far not one single message as to when to arrive at the pier for boarding. Just wondering if Royal stopped doing that or (gasp) do they not know I'm sailing tomorrow?

I don't know what criteria they use to send out the flood of messages, but it seems random to me.

Only when there are any type of delays, DW and I received lots of emails and text messages not to come to the port until certain time. But if there are no delays we don't receive any communication from RCI.

Only when there are any type of delays, DW and I received lots of emails and text messages not to come to the port until certain time. But if there are no delays we don't receive any communication from RCI.

Nah I dont think its necasarily that.. Ive gotten times on emails for oasis last year and there were no delays at all.. On ship at 11:30 am.... Email said to arrive after 2 or something..Its just random...

We have gotten that message e-mailed to us on almost all of our cruises.

We ignored since we were always at a port and were able to see the ships come in.

Only once on our Freedom sailing did we board after 11:30am, usually boarded right after 11 am.

Enjoy

We get there early to start it off right.

Sea Ya