Parking in Galveston for Carnival Magic in January

Uncwrn93

ANyone with good or bad reviews about parking in Galveston? We are looking at either the Port of Galveston parking lot or Lighthouse Parking lot? Both have similar prices but Lighthouse we can reserve covered parking.

We have used Lighthouse, EZ, and DCP parking. DCP parking was the cheapest of the three, but the most busiest since it was cheaper. All 3 have shuttles to the terminal. I have coupon codes for EZ if you choose to park there. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

ANyone with good or bad reviews about parking in Galveston? We are looking at either the Port of Galveston parking lot or Lighthouse Parking lot? Both have similar prices but Lighthouse we can reserve covered parking.

Galveston Park and Cruise. They have indoor (they call it covered but your vehicle is actually inside a building behind locked doors) parking RIGHT ACROSS the street from the terminal. Seven day price has increased to $86.60 unfortunately (I paid $70 in 2014..but I think there was some local taxes or fees applied).

After parking there the first time, I would not even consider parking anywhere else. No need to drive through the line to drop off your luggage, no shuttles, etc. Not interested is saving $25 by parking my car outside and dealing with a shuttle.

Edited by Badfinger

we used to use a lot with a shuttle as well and I remember waiting on folks that for whatever reason didn't drop off their bags at the terminal first and had to lug them around. the driver was always very helpful in loading the bags onto the shuttle bus and unloading them at the terminal but there was always the tip to add to whatever the parking cost. not to mention the giant pain in the butt of the whole endeavour. park n cruise has been our choice for several years. I do drop off my wife and the bags before I drive over and park but you certainly don't have to. several years ago I left a pistol in the floorboard and forgot to close the passenger window after backing into the parking spot. nothing was disturbed and I learned that once the garages are full the doors come down and are locked for the duration of the cruise. it's so worth the little bit extra cost.