just off the Star first/last time NCL no more

phatsneaks

Though I'm laughing so much at the spellcheck it does sound like OP had a dreadful time. We cruised with NCL for the first time in June,previously celebrity cruisers and we had a brilliant time. Disembarkation was actually the best we have ever had, staff so friendly and helpful and we were very impressed indeed. I'm sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Edited by Tudorcruisers

Though I'm laughing so much at the spellcheck it does sound like OP had a dreadful time. We cruised with NCL for the first time in June,previously celebrity cruisers and we had a brilliant time. Disembarkation was actually the best we have ever had, staff so friendly and helpful and we were very impressed indeed. I'm sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Do you mind if I ask which ship?

I would ordinarily never complain about any cruise but the posters who complained did not lie. The lines on this ship were horrible and it was impossible to get a drink. Never have we experienced this especially only one bar open on port days in the morning. Evidently they were short staffed. Disembarkation was terrible please believe those that posted that you had to be there to experience it, The shows were very good and very classy and far better than any of the Carnival shows. Although the decor of the ship is lovely we will be returning to Carnival or try another line. I will repeat again that I have never complain until this cruise.

The lines on this ship were horrible and it was impossible to get a drink.

In all fairness, "impossible to get a drink" is pretty exaggerated and takes away from your point.

Now I'm not saying there weren't problems they need to address, and there were bad lines early on (that seemed less bad later). Apart from the mess that first Sea Day I had no trouble getting drinks when I wanted them, and I'm certainly no more clever than the average cruiser. (and as a middle aged male I've no advantages in drawing the bartenders' eyes... )

The stories of disembarkation issues reinforces my commitment to doing self-disembarkation. That actually went reasonably well.

Yes, as I wrote this one review and was getting mad at just remembering the events, I hit disembarkment which was spelled wrong and when it corrected it I just hit change, I missed what it said, it was funny though.

As far as complaining, you too would complain if you saw and dealt with this crap. I paid for a vacation. I have been on other lines and NEVER have I had this type experience. Rude workers should not be working in hospitality industry. Even on my bad days I have to treat the public with respect on my job even when their not to me.

I took the OP' s use of "dismemberment" as an attempt at humor. Maybe the OP will be back to explain.

Being home for a couple days. Still trying to forget the nightmare of last week, Ive done my share of complaining to the cluster-f??k last week. Filled out the NCL survey Iam not expecting any type of response from NCL. Looking forward to seeing reviews from this weeks cruise, sure hope they OVERHAUL their program, since all the bad service, lack of concern from officers, long lines and waiting time ranks last week cruise 1 STEP ABOVE TITANIC

So sorry that your cruise was not all you expected. I sailed NCL in 2007 and have not sailed the line since. The last time I sailed was on the RCL Radiance and I have to say I was not that impressed. That was the first time on RCC and I haven't sailed them since. Many of the crew onboard were very rude. I'm not saying I wouldn't sail them again, however, I really like the idea of freestyle cruising. So far Carnival has been my favorite line. We will see how I feel after my Jan 12th sailing on the Gem.