Disembarking

Jruns

Your ship should dock long before 8 A.M. Disembarkation can begin as soon as the ships is cleared to do so. It is really hard to say how long that will take. Sometimes it takes a long time to clear Customs inside the Terminal Building also.

I have been on a number cruises ending in Miami and I never book a flight before 2 P.M, but I fly to the Pacific Northwest.

We've disembarked in Miami a few times too and we fly to the north east. I prefer my flights to be after 2PM just to be safe and to continue that wonderful relaxed feeling you'll have at the end of your cruise.

We usually end up having enough time for a nice lunch and a relaxing stroll to our gate in the airport, no problem.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Our ship docks in miami at 8 but it states that disembarkation begins 2 hours after docking. Is a flight out of miami at noon feasible??? We would just take a taxi to the airport.

I would say noon is very feasible but I would not risk earlier. We have always been able to get off the ship by 8:30 AM at the latest, but stuff can happen. We also like to have breakfast first.

The important thing to do is to the "easy walk off" with all your luggage. Those who choose to do that are the first off the ship. So don't take more than you can carry/roll off yourself. Don't be at the mercy of the caller of the color tags, the crew taking your bags to the terminal, and the time to search for your bags. There are elevators in the terminal if the escalator would be a challenge. Catch a cab or your shuttle and you are off! The airport is really not very far from the port.

Edited by drvalo

Thank you!! My daughter is the noon flight (back to college) Midwest ; my husband and I would fly back to northeast on a 1:00pm flight. It tough trying to coordinate to flights and departing times etc! Totally forgot about clearing customs and love the idea of holding on to our luggage! Decisions decisions.... It's a New Year's Eve cruise to Panama Canal and flights are getting very pricey[emoji31]

Here was my experience this morning. Although, I would still book a flight after noon. The NCL Pearl was supposed to come in at 8AM this morning. However, it got there early, as predicted by the captain. They let the Easy Walk off out first just before 8AM. And the gold and platinum members were next off around 8:30AM, which is when I left. I think I heard Red called after me. My luggage and I were checked in for my flight and waiting at MIA airport by 10:30AM for my 12:30 flight.

Thx,

Debbie

Thanks Debbie! How long does it take to get to the airport?

"How long is a piece of string?" It all depends on the traffic and no pile-ups on the roads; on the customs/immigration and the ship getting clearance.

I would agree that you need to get into line for "Easy Walk Off" as early as possible so you get off as soon as the OK is given.

Good luck

Mike

I am cruising on the Getaway out of Miami and when I booked I asked NCL how early a flight I could take home. They said noon for Miami and 12:30 PM for Fort Lauderdale.

You should be OK.

Eric

I have taken both an 11:40am out of Miami and an 11:30am out of Ft Lauderdale after cruises out of the Port of Miami. Neither was an issue; in fact, I was at the the Ft Lauderdale airport byt 8:30am this past month. I personally prefer the Ft Lauderdale airport. Much less of a zoo, but it is a bit further from the port. As others have said, do the easy walk off or self debarkation just in case. The line at 7:20 am was ridiculous, but they got people off fast once we started moving.