Cruise Critic Community
beachbum53

Bad knees?

Hello fellow knee sufferers,

I am one week post TKR on the left. The first TKR on the right was August 2018. I very much agree on pool therapy. Once my staples are removed and the incision is healed I will be headed back to the Y for PT in the pool. I found that walking 45 minutes, or so in the lap lane is a pretty good work out for range of motion. It helps me build endurance and allows me to move in an almost weightless environment. Best wishes to all of you for speedy recoveries and future adventures.

Jim

I am glad to see I am the  so called lucky one who got either staff or mersa on my TKR 13 years ago this Sept. When I had my 4th surgery in 2014 the surgeon said he took out all my scar tissue, bent it 120 on the table put in a new plastic part of the joint and I should have been good to go. When I saw him in 2016 after going to Ireland and Scotland it swelled my whole leg. He said with the problems I had with my infection it is what it is and no more surgery. So all you people who have had good luck or thinking of having a TKR, look into the hospital as much as the surgeon. The 3 of mine where at a new hospital and no problems.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, shipper50 said:

I am glad to see I am the  so called lucky one who got either staff or mersa on my TKR 13 years ago this Sept. When I had my 4th surgery in 2014 the surgeon said he took out all my scar tissue, bent it 120 on the table put in a new plastic part of the joint and I should have been good to go. When I saw him in 2016 after going to Ireland and Scotland it swelled my whole leg. He said with the problems I had with my infection it is what it is and no more surgery. So all you people who have had good luck or thinking of having a TKR, look into the hospital as much as the surgeon. The 3 of mine where at a new hospital and no problems.

What no Bio-Freeze? If one has had a TKR, NO medicine will ever take away the pain with the weather and other symptoms. Just saying.-)

I tell everyone who is going to have a knee replaced that PT is their best friend and to be absolutely faithful to it. 

If any of you ever need a hip replacement, I found that the hardest part was lying on my back the first couple of weeks...I’m a side sleeper. Pain wise, it’s a breeze compared to a TKR.