Annual travel insurance??

hew2nd

Has anybody purchased an annual travel insurance policy - one that will cover several trips during the course of the year. All of a sudden we find ourselves with several trips planned within a year - both cruise and air. Separate policies for each trip would mount up but if there is such a thing as a travel policy that would cover all the trips there might be savings there.

Any information would be appreciated.

I'm not sure why you are getting all Canadian responses, but there are numerous insurers here offering comprehensive annual coverage that includes trip cancellation and all of the other areas typically covered by all-inclusive plans.

Has anybody purchased an annual travel insurance policy - one that will cover several trips during the course of the year. All of a sudden we find ourselves with several trips planned within a year - both cruise and air. Separate policies for each trip would mount up but if there is such a thing as a travel policy that would cover all the trips there might be savings there.

Any information would be appreciated.

Yes, I have.

Do your research on http://www.insuremytrip.com

They also have a phone line with very helpful people.

:)

I have just been through this. Even though the ship will sail mainly in Australian waters it will go to one foreign port and as such our health insurance does not cover the trip. Having taken the risk sometimes and being thankful I had insurance when I had a major problem in Thailand once, I will not risk it again.

The policy to cover the cruise was AU$270 as a stand alone product but for annual cover it's less than twice that. Covers health, property, cancellations and hire car excess.

I'm not sure why you are getting all Canadian responses, but there are numerous insurers here offering comprehensive annual coverage that includes trip cancellation and all of the other areas typically covered by all-inclusive plans.

Where is here? It's just Canadians trying to be helpful!

I pay annually and I have both medical and travel insurance. I live on the Canada/US border and am out of my own country travelling on a frequent basis. Grocery shopping, dinner out, drinks with friends, who knows what or when I won't be in my home country.

In Canada you can buy annual trip insurance . When you get the insurance you have to chose what the longest time your out of country . It doesn't cover trip cancellation just medical.

I have annual insurance but mine includes cancellation and interruption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My DW and I have an annual TravelGold travel insurance through BCAA (CAA) for multiple trips per year up to 15 days per trip. Has 10 million dollar coverage per trip including emergency air transportation and $200,000.00 pre-existing condition coverage for only $115.00 per year!

I have attached the policy details for those who want to read and compare.

Paul

BCAA Travel Insurance-Policy-Wordings October 2015.pdf

I think we shall turn this to the USA :). One should carefully consider their own needs/wants before shopping for a policy. Once you have gone through that thinking process you can look around. Keep in mind that annual Travel Medical policies are generally a lot less expensive then an annual policy that provides decent cancellation benefits. GeoBlue (part of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Network) offers a few annual travel policies including one for frequent travelers of trips under 70 days in length and another policy for Expats. The cost of their policies is very good, but it does not cover any cancellation costs.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...