Current Concierges continued discussion

I see there's a concierge now listed for Harmony, Felix Vargas. Has anyone sailed with him before?

I just sailed last week with Felix on Enchantment. He is wonderful. He left Monday for vacation and then will go to Harmony. I also heard that Nancy Chung ( I think that's right) will be the Diamond Concierge.

Diego is supposed to come back to the jewel, is Ricardo mock going on vacation, then where is Ricardo going, anyone know. Ricardo is great.

I believe I heard that Ricardo is going to be one of the Royal Genies when the new Suites Program is introduced May 1 and will most probably be working on either Anthem, Oasis or Allure.

Edited by cruisenfever

I just sailed last week with Felix on Enchantment. He is wonderful. He left Monday for vacation and then will go to Harmony. I also heard that Nancy Chung ( I think that's right) will be the Diamond Concierge.

Nancy Chu - and yes she will (as of a few months ago) be going to Harmony to the Diamond Club.

Back from the 10 day Serenade and at this time in the CL is Gamaliel or Gama who is a strictly by the book person FYI. Very nice when talking with him one on one...we had a great lunch with him.

A new Diamond Concierge was coming on this week Dean ? some seemed to know him.

Lou

Thanks for sharing.

We board Serenade on Friday, February 26. I have sent several emails with questions and seeking assistance to the Serenade Concierge mailbox listed in the Google doc's file - with no response. Very surprising.

In the past when we sailed in GS's (we are in the RS this sailing), the concierge would contact us around 3 week's out introducing themselves, asking if we needed anything, etc. Has the support model changed.

Appreciate your sharing your experience.

Doug

This is what leads me to believe that neither of these ships will stay in the Royal fleet very long.

I completely agree, but when I was on Majesty last year Diamond and above guests were treated very well. There was no "lounge" but they still had bar service in the Viking Crown (no - you did not need to use the 3 drinks off your seapass card) and the servers were great. Hopefully they at least do the same on Empress.

However, I also wonder how long they are going to hang on to 24 and 26 year old ships..

Not liking the sound of that. It will make a difference in what ship we book. I guess I've gotten spoiled. :rolleyes: :)

It seems to me the only compelling reason to sail Empress is a visit to Cuba.

Oh, and maybe a Crystal Block. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa