Current Concierges continued discussion

On 12/24/2018 at 9:22 PM, lovelife said:

Huh? He was at the concierge desk. What rumor/discussion?

It was not on this forum (FB) and when no facts or first person accounts were put forth the moderator shut down the discussion. It involved two employees.  So having heard nothing further I assume it was an unfounded rumor. Unfounded rumors are common on social media, unfortunately. 

I can't remember if you knew this or not. We just got off Vision's Panama Canal cruise and Willian Camargo was the Diamond concierge until Jan 19 then it's Jorges. Willian told us the funny story of his name, it's supposed to be William, he was named and baptized William by his parents, he went through school as William. But when he applied for his passport to work on ships, it came back misspelled as Willian, and the gov't wanted to charge him to get it corrected so he stayed with it.

8 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

I can't remember if you knew this or not. We just got off Vision's Panama Canal cruise and Willian Camargo was the Diamond concierge until Jan 19 then it's Jorges. Willian told us the funny story of his name, it's supposed to be William, he was named and baptized William by his parents, he went through school as William. But when he applied for his passport to work on ships, it came back misspelled as Willian, and the gov't wanted to charge him to get it corrected so he stayed with it.

Funny!

That is how my father got his middle name. He had originally been given the middle name of an uncle-in-law (who later took advantage of his father in a land deal). So. in WWII when they misspelled his middle name, my father thought “works for me” and that was ever after his middle name (there is now a “III” in the line so it stuck pretty hard 😂).  

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, SULROSS said:

What updates you looking for.  SL is for Suites and Pinnacles and DL is for Diamond and Diamond Plus.  Been the same for 2 1/2 years.

i believe wolfganghowell was asking about names - not the lounges themselves.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I heard from two separate and reliable people that Raj was no longer with RCI.  This would have been the first or second week of December.

Actually happened the last week or so of November.  He was a good one.

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks -- updated the Google Doc.  Do you know where JJ or Mario are?  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Mario is on vacation & JJ is in the diamond lounge. Andreas took over the concierge lounge when Mario left on vacation in December. 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:57 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks -- updated the Google Doc.  Do you know where JJ or Mario are?  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Mario is currently home in PI. Andres is almost at end of his contract and will be heading home, probably same day Mario returns. 

21 hours ago, lovelife said:

How in the world do you insert a quote with this new forum?  Clicking quote does not put it in your reply.

Hit the quote button and post in the new box that opens.

Easier to read if you also hit space bar before posting to separate reply from quote.

To multi quote hit the +

Edited by c-leg5