Cruise Critic Community
Host Michell

Current Concierges continued discussion

No offence intended, but why did you try to call him knowing he'd passed away :confused:

He didn't say he knew he passed. Just said,he tried to call him( as friends do on occasion)

He didn't say he knew he passed. Just said,he tried to call him( as friends do on occasion)

Our definition of 'just' must vary. I read just as in the immediate time before - not days before. But thanks for acting as his spokesperson and for the clarification of what friends do :rolleyes:

No offence intended, but why did you try to call him knowing he'd passed away :confused:

I don't know if that's true. You can't believe everything you read on here.

Our definition of 'just' must vary. I read just as in the immediate time before - not days before. But thanks for acting as his spokesperson and for the clarification of what friends do :rolleyes:

You're welcome 😀😀😀

Hi, just received a PM from Willie Salaya, that his transfer to the Enchantment, has been postponed, due to the news about Robert!

He is in the DL on Mariner and he doesn’t know for along! Will post any news, as I’ll receive them!

I didn’t know Robert, but hope that he will R.I.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes, Robert was supposed to go to Mariner but was killed in a car accident (this from an officer on board). So both Tao and Willie got extended. But Willie knows (and confirmed by the same officer) that he's off for vacation Sept. 10. I couldn't quite understand what Tao was trying to tell me! :D

Federico is on vacation, Claudine is in DL.
Glad you confirmed the OA's Concierges. Your confirmation is the same as what Claudine told me on the August 5 cruise and shows that RCI didn't make any rotation changes.

Thanks for posting!

Friends are cruising on OA on Sunday and will be spending lots of time in the DL so I will also have them check with Claudine.

yes, Robert was supposed to go to Mariner but was killed in a car accident (this from an officer on board). So both Tao and Willie got extended. But Willie knows (and confirmed by the same officer) that he's off for vacation Sept. 10. I couldn't quite understand what Tao was trying to tell me! :D
Thanks Karen -- so sad. Does Grecia Guillen start on September 10, the day Willie goes on vacation (I have this on the Google Doc)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Thanks Karen -- so sad. Does Grecia Guillen start on September 10, the day Willie goes on vacation (I have this on the Google Doc)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Federico Taylor returns to the SL/OS 9-16-2018. Did I read that correctly? Where did Beatrice go?

Federico Taylor returns to the SL/OS 9-16-2018. Did I read that correctly? Where did Beatrice go?

Beatrice is with Lyli in the Suite Lounge at the moment. Claudine is currently in the DL. I'll be on board this Sunday so I'll get the scoop on vacations, moves etc....

Sad to read about Robert. So very sad for his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

For many of us who cruise and spend time in the lounges the concierges do become our friends on board and after.

I just returned from Mariner. Willie in Diamond Lounge and Tao in SL both wonderful.

Glad you confirmed the OA's Concierges. Your confirmation is the same as what Claudine told me on the August 5 cruise and shows that RCI didn't make any rotation changes.

Thanks for posting!

Friends are cruising on OA on Sunday and will be spending lots of time in the DL so I will also have them check with Claudine.

My pleasure. Let me know if you need anything else while I'm on board next week.

Federico will come back to OA on 9-16-2018 and will be in the DL.

Beatrice is in the SL until 11-25-2018

Just for the record, Willie Salaya will stay on Mariner, until Oct 31, and then move to Enchantment!

The SL Concierge is the one going home on Sept 10!

This from Willie himself, with a PM half hour ago!

Federico will come back to OA on 9-16-2018 and will be in the DL.

Beatrice is in the SL until 11-25-2018

good to know, thnx

Just for the record, Willie Salaya will stay on Mariner, until Oct 31, and then move to Enchantment!

thank you for correcting me! I wasn't sure, I'm old and maybe I have brain farts, I got the 2 reversed. LOL But I'm glad Willie will be there for my 9-7 and 9-10 cruises on Mariner.

thank you for correcting me! I wasn't sure, I'm old and maybe I have brain farts, I got the 2 reversed. LOL But I'm glad Willie will be there for my 9-7 and 9-10 cruises on Mariner.

Willie is a great concierge. NICE person!!!! Busy lounge when I was there a few weeks ago. He keeps everyone happy and is attentive.... he was pouring me my champagne for 7 nights.... even before the waiters...

Is the SL Concierge that is going home on September 10 Yin Tao?

Yin Tao (great concierge) currently in SL on Mariner so I would think that is who is leaving Sept. 10.