Emergency while on a cruise

We are leaving on 11/16/15 and my pregnant daughter will be about 4 weeks from her due date. I know I will get cell service in port with my phone company. If something should happen and she needs to get in touch with us when we aren't in port how is the way to do it? Someone said she could call the ship and they could get with us but I don't know how to find that number.

Your cell phone carrier likely has a plan that gives you service on the cruise ships. I have Verizon and its $40 for 100 minutes / 100 incoming texts / 100Mb of data. I just used it on a transatlantic on Allure. For voice calls it worked pretty well except for a day or two when we were about mid-way across. The data on it didn't work that great at all--very few spots where I could get decent data connections so I just used the ship internet.

From the website:

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

You can also use our onboard Internet Cafés, stateroom Internet connection, or Hot Spots to send an e-mail to your friends or family for a minimal fee.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=267#1mHF2guUOZo0RK1i.99

On the Royal Caribbean website, under Onboard Extras, you will find the following..,

A: Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard[emoji768] or Visa[emoji768]. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

Edited by gr8.guy