Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

So when you docked at Roatan first did they let you know the night before or how did you find out you were docking for a short time?

We knew the night before, it was in the daily program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jimicaj,

Glad to hear that overall sounds like you had a good time!

I hope that the docking in Roatan for an hour before tendering commences continues through the spring season.

Did you hear any chatter about when Harvest Caye would be ready?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You're right overall we did enjoy ourselves! We didn't hear anything about Harvest Caye, unfortunately. I wish I had good news to pass along to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The Specialty Dining Package T&Cs simply states, "No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited."

And within the larger section of Dining T&C it states, "For standard dinner reservations, cancellations of dinner reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to the guest's folio.

For pre-paid reservations, cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time to receive a full refund. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, no refund will be issued.

For Ultimate Dining Packages, no refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited..."

@SuiteTraveler, did you experience (or know of someone) who lost a credit when they cancelled? So for instance, suppose one is in a suite and decides to have dinner delivered and has cancelled a SDP reservation two days prior in anticipation. They would lose the dining credit?

Thanks!

The concierge told me I would lose a credit if I cancelled Moderno, but not if I moved the reservation to another night. My husband didn't want Moderno that night, so I just moved the reservation and we did wind up going there later. So I didn't even do this 24 hours in advance.

really enjoyed your review. We will be on epic in Oct from Barcelone and would be interested who you booked the accommodation in Barcelona through as it sounds what we are looking for. Hope your wife's knee problem heals quickly.

Sorry, posted in wrong thread and can't delete messages.

Thanks for all the great info! We are on the 9/9 sailing and can't wait! Just wondering what seas have been like for the past couple of cruises? I know it can vary wildly, but just looking to get a sense. Thanks!

I am not leaving until April 9th but I was wondering if anyone in the 2 bedroom family suite had a picture of the lounge chairs, when we were on the jewel last year that they the most amazing lounge chairs. They were a chair and the back reclined and it had a foot stool, I could practically sleep on the chair it was so comfortable. I love to read while the kids take a nap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which dock/port at Roatan is Jade docking/tendering to?

Coxen Hole.

It will tender.

Every other week it gets to go to the dock for about an hour in the AM & folks can debark.

Then it tenders.

Every other week there are 3 ships at Coxen Hole, and the Jade goes straight to tender position.

Jan 6 = 3 ships

Jan 13 = 2 ships

Jan 20 = 3 ships

Jan 27 = 2 ships

Coxen Hole.

It will tender.

Every other week it gets to go to the dock for about an hour in the AM & folks can debark.

Then it tenders.

Every other week there are 3 ships at Coxen Hole, and the Jade goes straight to tender position.

Jan 6 = 3 ships

Jan 13 = 2 ships

Jan 20 = 3 ships

Jan 27 = 2 ships

The pattern changes after that, though, because on February 3 there are only 3 ships total in Roatan. The carnival ship will dock at mahogany bay. The Jade gets in an hour before the Dawn, so we should get to dock during that time, then tender after that.

Has anyone done the South Shore Zipline Adventure excursion in Honduras? If so do you recommend it? I have a 6 year old that will be doing the excursion too. It states the minimum age is 4 years old.

Coxen Hole.

It will tender.

Then it tenders.

Jan 6 = 3 ships

Jan 13 = 2 ships

Jan 20 = 3 ships

Jan 27 = 2 ships

I was on the NYE cruise and we got off the ship when it first docked. There were three ships in port that day (Caribbean Princess, NCL Jade and NCL Dawn) and we got to pull up to the dock in Coxen Hole for about an hour. The Dawn then took our place and remained there the whole day. The Caribbean Princess had to tender all day. The Princess ship and Jade were only a couple hundred yards away so it was a very quick short tender ride to get back to the ship.

In Belize they used a local tender operation and a lot of the excursions were a fair distance from the port so a lot of people were getting back to the port around "last tender time" but we decided to make the most of it and rather than stand in a really long line we sat down at one of the bars at the dock and had a snack and a beer and when the line got shorter we joined the end.

I was on the NYE cruise and we got off the ship when it first docked. There were three ships in port that day (Caribbean Princess, NCL Jade and NCL Dawn) and we got to pull up to the dock in Coxen Hole for about an hour. The Dawn then took our place and remained there the whole day. The Caribbean Princess had to tender all day. The Princess ship and Jade were only a couple hundred yards away so it was a very quick short tender ride to get back to the ship.

In Belize they used a local tender operation and a lot of the excursions were a fair distance from the port so a lot of people were getting back to the port around "last tender time" but we decided to make the most of it and rather than stand in a really long line we sat down at one of the bars at the dock and had a snack and a beer and when the line got shorter we joined the end.

How long after "last tender time" did the ship actually leave?

We’ve never had to tender in Roatan, but in Belize the last tender left 30 minutes before the ship’s scheduled departure.

Just an FYI, we cruised on the Dawn in Feb ’15 and at our first port of call at Cozumel we had to set our clocks ahead one hour. The ship didn’t change the clocks back until our last sea day (day 6) as we sailed back to New Orleans. The Freestyle Daily’s reminded us to stay on ship’s time at both Belize and Roatan.

We are leaving on the Jade on January 16th and as I mentioned I’ll be posting a review when we get back.

We’ve never had to tender in Roatan, but in Belize the last tender left 30 minutes before the ship’s scheduled departure.

Just an FYI, we cruised on the Dawn in Feb ’15 and at our first port of call at Cozumel we had to set our clocks ahead one hour. The ship didn’t change the clocks back until our last sea day (day 6) as we sailed back to New Orleans. The Freestyle Daily’s reminded us to stay on ship’s time at both Belize and Roatan.

We are leaving on the Jade on January 16th and as I mentioned I’ll be posting a review when we get back.

I personally didn't get on a tender till 5:30 but last tender time was supposed to be 5:00pm. At 5:30 there were still probably 125 people in line so there was at least one more tender. We didn't probably pick up anchor till 6:45.

I personally didn't get on a tender till 5:30 but last tender time was supposed to be 5:00pm. At 5:30 there were still probably 125 people in line so there was at least one more tender. We didn't probably pick up anchor till 6:45.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. If it takes a really long time to tender off in the morning, I don't want to cut my time in port short, only to still be sitting there hours later while they wait for the ship excursions to come back from the ruins, etc.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. If it takes a really long time to tender off in the morning, I don't want to cut my time in port short, only to still be sitting there hours later while they wait for the ship excursions to come back from the ruins, etc.

In Belize City, the port area is pretty compact, so if you get back from your excursion or exploring on your own about 30 minutes to an hour before the last tender is scheduled, you can wander around the shops/restaurants/bars and still keep an eye on the line for the tenders.

In Belize City, the port area is pretty compact, so if you get back from your excursion or exploring on your own about 30 minutes to an hour before the last tender is scheduled, you can wander around the shops/restaurants/bars and still keep an eye on the line for the tenders.

Yes, I agree with hawk1972. If you have the extra time stop in at the Tender Bar & Grill for a sandwich and a drink. Especially a drink. :)

IMG_6401%20-%20Copy_zpsohzg3fbh.jpg

This was NYE and the double occupancy stated capacity is 2400 but per the hotel director the passenger occupancy was 3058 so the ship was very full with 3 and 4th passengers in many cabins which contributed to the long lines for embarking and disembarking. I would plan on getting an early tender ticket and be on the dock at the posted time rather than assuming that the tenders will still be running.

Hi All,

Quick question...sailing on Jade 1/16/16 so excited!! All past cruises have had sports bars on them. Does anyone know if and where you are able to watch any of the NFL games on the Jade??

Thanks a bunch!! :)

It'll be on the big screen so you can watch it in the atrium or the Blue Lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everybody, have a question on transfers. What did most do? Use NCL or private? We are flying in the day before, staying near the Houston air port. My TA suggest that we use the hotel transfer back to the airport and use NCL transfer. I like the idea of going private so I can tell them to pick us up. My cruise is not until March, But I like to have this in place, and one more item done.

I have liked reading this post. a lot if good information.

Thank you in advance for your help.