Interesting little article

MrJoeBlack

If a person is booked in a suite, don't assume that they think they're better than those in a lower category if cabins.

We scrimped and saved for 2 years to be able to afford a cabin in the haven. It was my husband's first cruise, our first vacation together in 8 years and also our Christmas present to each other. We had a woman roll her eyes at us when she found out we were in the haven.

If a person is booked in a suite, don't assume that they think they're better than those in a lower category if cabins.

We scrimped and saved for 2 years to be able to afford a cabin in the haven. It was my husband's first cruise, our first vacation together in 8 years and also our Christmas present to each other. We had a woman roll her eyes at us when she found out we were in the haven.

Of course people get annoyed. The Haven is all about exclusivity and people don't like to feel excluded. Don't take it personally, it is human nature.

I have also done the same thing and decided to suprise my husband and kids this year - he won't even know til we get to the terminal and hop into the haven line and even then i am gonna try and pull it off as that i read online to just get in the wrong line and when you get up there pretend you thought you were in the right line and they will check you in -- in reality just hoping he does not pay attention would be great if i could wait til we got to the room but i figure when we get in line he will find out however he will not have had the chance of seeing it and all its perks as I have been drooling over the last 2 weeks

Qbnorris10, that's so sweet! I'm trying to do the same thing with my husband with our cruise in Feb. He knew we had the UBP because we talked about getting a promo with it. But he doesn't know that the money we saved for two years plus a great deal has gotten us a suite that includes UBP, SDP, OBC, and $50 cruise credit. I kept looking at the SDP menus and talking about them so I finally told we also had a dinner package. I told him I was able to add it one when a promo came up. lol He knows nothing about the rest. We said this cruise would be our christmas present to each other, but little does he know of how great a present it will be. :)

Qbnorris10, that's so sweet! I'm trying to do the same thing with my husband with our cruise in Feb. He knew we had the UBP because we talked about getting a promo with it. But he doesn't know that the money we saved for two years plus a great deal has gotten us a suite that includes UBP, SDP, OBC, and $50 cruise credit. I kept looking at the SDP menus and talking about them so I finally told we also had a dinner package. I told him I was able to add it one when a promo came up. lol He knows nothing about the rest. We said this cruise would be our christmas present to each other, but little does he know of how great a present it will be. :)

It would be really nice if I could keep him clueless until we actually got thru the lines and everything but I think when we arrive and go into the line that has hardly no one in it the jig will be up LOL