Embarkation clarification for Baltic and Caribbean cruisers

daiB

Thanks Dai, that seems to clarify matters and the new time will reflect on the e-ticket once they have adjusted their computer systems.

The down side is i will not benefit from this until next xmas as i will reach 2010 points after this xmas cruise :(

ps - they will probably change everything before next year :rolleyes:

Apart from the invitation to disregard the check in times the other wording I find amusing - Cocktail Party ........ to meet fellow passengers and enjoy a few drinks. These days you are lucky to get one drink. Complimentary half bottle of Champagne ....Begin your first formal night with an early evening half bottle of champagne from us placed in your cabin. From previous experience it is not the first formal night, it can be any formal night of P & O choosing and as for early evening, I have even returned from dinner at 10:30 to find it waiting on the cabin table. Who ever delivered it couldn't be bothered to put it in the fridge, not that the fridges on P & O are that efficient at cooling anything.

Apart from the invitation to disregard the check in times the other wording I find amusing - Cocktail Party ........ to meet fellow passengers and enjoy a few drinks. These days you are lucky to get one drink. Complimentary half bottle of Champagne ....Begin your first formal night with an early evening half bottle of champagne from us placed in your cabin. From previous experience it is not the first formal night, it can be any formal night of P & O choosing and as for early evening, I have even returned from dinner at 10:30 to find it waiting on the cabin table. Who ever delivered it couldn't be bothered to put it in the fridge, not that the fridges on P & O are that efficient at cooling anything.

Love the positive feedback. Clearly the staff have it in for you. :) :) :)

Hi Dai

I've just tried your link but can't find what you are referring to. The link takes me to the Caribbean page but I can only see where it says

" You will be allocated an early Arrival Time of 1pm* " with nothing to say what the asterisk is for. Funnily enough when I look at the Baltic page there is no time given for embarkation.

Am I missing something?

Hi Dai

I've just tried your link but can't find what you are referring to. The link takes me to the Caribbean page but I can only see where it says

" You will be allocated an early Arrival Time of 1pm* " with nothing to say what the asterisk is for. Funnily enough when I look at the Baltic page there is no time given for embarkation.

Am I missing something?

Yes you are, it has changed. The asterisk referred to a paragraph which said if you have any other time on your Eticket then ignore it and turn up foot 13.00. That seems to have been removed. So everyone should have a Eticket which says 13.00. They may have reset the computers already. ;)

The exact wording was as follows:-

* this may not be reflected on your e-ticket, but we're working on this and hope to have it rectified by early 2016. In the meantime, please feel free to arrive from 1pm, regardless of the time on your e-ticket, and we'll check you in straight away.

Edited by daiB

And finally it seems they will now communicate these changes to everyone and not only those that use facebook:

"Good afternoon to you all. There has been a lot of conversation around arrival and check-in times for Southampton departures recently, and rest assured we have been noting your comments. Firstly, we apologise for any confusion caused, but we hope to address that today. As you know, we've been working on the embarkation experience over the last year, and have introduced some changes. Our goal is to make embarkation effortless and to get everyone on board their ship quicker. We have been trialling a new process on Britannia, which has now been adopted for the rest of the fleet. To explain this fully, we've put together a new page that can be found in our Advice Centre - *******/1Y8Vqwv , and we'll also be sending out a letter to all guests within two weeks of sailing. We hope this clarifies things and answers all of your questions.

With regards to Peninsular Club benefits, we're pleased to say that there are no changes to Ligurian Tier or suite guest benefits, who will still enjoy the earliest Arrival Time of 12.30pm. In addition, we're delighted to tell you that from now on, all Baltic and Caribbean Tier guests will be given an early Arrival Time of 1pm. You may find that there is a different time on your e-ticket, but we're working to correct that by early next year. In the meantime, Baltic and Caribbean Tier guests are welcome to arrive at the cruise terminal from 1pm, regardless of the time on your e-ticket, and we will check you in straight away.

We do hope that this clarifies things and answers all of your questions. We’ve worked hard to get this right and believe it is the fairest and most efficient way to ensure everyone gets on board quicker, while recognising our most loyal guests.

Kind regards,

Christopher Edgington, Director, P&O Cruises"

Posted on p&o Facebook page at lunchtime today.

Just a thought, if you are a booking of 4 adults and only 2 are Baltic/Caribbean, can all 4 embark at 1pm?

My wife and I are in the Caribbean tier and in August for our Britannia cruise we were allowed priority embarkation along with our 5 year old son. My in-laws (on a separate booking but who travelled to Southampton with us) had to wait.

We are on Caribbean tier and have today been given an embarkation time of 1330 for our Christmas cruise on Oriana.....so not all sorted yet. Makes no difference to us as we are travelling from Cornwall so may be later than that anyway.

The important thing is that we get on board the Ship before it sails!!!! :)

I wonder how many Caribbean and Baltic will still turn up at 11.30! 1pm is late for them!!!

Priceless, hordes of Caribs arriving early so they can be first in the 1pm queue.

:D

Or a mad stampede through the terminal doors at a quarter to one :eek: