Celebrity Suites the Step Children of the Fleet

CHEZMARYLOU

All of this has been refuted.

Celebrity official has come back on one o ft. threads to say entertainment is still happening.

Saw the correction regarding the drinks, which is no big deal for us since we have the premium beverage package. Did not see clarification of entertainment. Do you have a link to the post?

This has just been on the Celebrity facebook page

Hi Ann,

All reservations made prior to January 1, 2016, Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite guests will not lose the complimentary specialty dining benefit.

https://www.facebook.com/celebritycruises?sk=wall

Sorry about coming into this conversation late. We have a Celebrity Suite on Infinity for April 2016 (15 night Panama Canal) and a Sky Suite on Infinity for Jan 2017 (14 night Argentina and Chile). By the grandfathered rules since we booked prior to Jan 2016, it now seems confirmed on Facebook anyway that we get complimentary specialty restaurants. But I seem to remember on booking that we would get two restaurants for a cruise over 8 nights? Does anybody remember? I cannot find the old rules anywhere. Thanks!

Sorry about coming into this conversation late. We have a Celebrity Suite on Infinity for April 2016 (15 night Panama Canal) and a Sky Suite on Infinity for Jan 2017 (14 night Argentina and Chile). By the grandfathered rules since we booked prior to Jan 2016, it now seems confirmed on Facebook anyway that we get complimentary specialty restaurants. But I seem to remember on booking that we would get two restaurants for a cruise over 8 nights? Does anybody remember? I cannot find the old rules anywhere. Thanks!

1 dinner for 1st 2 suite occupants (used to be dinner for 2, but was changed last year some time to "occupants", which screws solo travelers) on cruises of 5-7 nights, 2 for 8 and above.

You are correct it was two reservations for a cruise 8 nights or longer - it does not need to be the same restaurant and it can also be two consecutive nights if you wish it does not need to be one in week one and one in week two

1 dinner for 1st 2 suite occupants (used to be dinner for 2, but was changed last year some time to "occupants", which screws solo travelers) on cruises of 5-7 nights, 2 for 8 and above.

I know this is a thread about CS, but have a specialty dinner question.

I booked an S1 SS on 10/8/15. This is a 5 night cruise. At the time of booking, the X rep was going on and on about all the things I would be receiving, mostly because of the Better, Best promo, but he did mention a complimentary dinner. I thought this was maybe a mistake on his part, (the reps aren't always 100% accurate) and that the comp dinner was only for 7 nights or more.

Are we eligible for a complimentary specialty dinner?

I know this is a thread about CS, but have a specialty dinner question.

I booked an S1 SS on 10/8/15. This is a 5 night cruise. At the time of booking, the X rep was going on and on about all the things I would be receiving, mostly because of the Better, Best promo, but he did mention a complimentary dinner. I thought this was maybe a mistake on his part, (the reps aren't always 100% accurate) and that the comp dinner was only for 7 nights or more.

Are we eligible for a complimentary specialty dinner?

You answered your own question:

Edited by cle-guy

To clarify..AQ suites (now reg ones) were only on Reflection.

And that, IMO, is what is most disconcerting about the potential number of guests in MC on the Reflection. There are a total of 84 Sky Suites on the Reflection whereas there are only 44 on all the other S-class ships. At double occupancy that would be an additional 168 guests which is almost double the other S-class ships! As Sue has pointed out "the walls are not elastic". We are booked B2B next year on the Reflection and I for one am quite concerned about how this increase in capacity will be handled without diminishing the quite pleasant experience that we have had in MC up until now.

As Sue has pointed out "the walls are not elastic". We are booked B2B next year on the Reflection and I for one am quite concerned about how this increase in capacity will be handled without diminishing the quite pleasant experience that we have had in MC up until now.

Get your drink of choice then go right outside the door and relax and chit chat in Ensemble lounge if MC is that full, it's rarely full, and still very quiet most times, but for when their is live music happening. And has lots of more comfy loungey spaces than MC does.

Have said it before, but once more with feeling ..... The CS issue is not just about the drinks!

Its about not getting what you were offered when you contracted to pay for it.

I generally have a premium drinks package so the drinks aspect does not bother me much, though it may be important to others as a part of the CS package, the quality of Michaels as an experience does matter to me a lot.

As for the speculation, it seems that some people do need to be warned that if they run headlong into a wall it will hurt! I generally would not wait to video it and provide them with documented validation.

Since the fuss that has been made here and on facebook X have already reinstated the complimentary specialty restaurant visits for those who have already booked and they have cancelled events in Michaels which will help with heading off some of the overcrowding risk. Providing an assistant or second concierge and additional bar staff or extending the space will probably have to wait until the cruise reports start coming in but they could head off some of these issues in advance too if they wished.

Of course, there may be no problems...... we are just speculating!?!...... but looking ahead is what stops you walking into that wall!

I agree people should be warned and receive the complimentary dining that was promised when the booking was made. I also agree with the OP that it wouldn't cost much for Celebrity to offer another perk to the CS category.

Yes, it's better to know what to expect vs being blindsided. However, these type of threads turn from a heads up to I deserve more because I am/have whatever the hot topic is at the moment.

I have not sailed on Celebrity just Royal but I read these threads because I'm thinking of making the switch. On the Royal cruises I've been on the suite lounge never appears busy. You will be surprised how many people don't come. So overcrowding may not be an issue just speculation.

I agree people should be warned and receive the complimentary dining that was promised when the booking was made. I also agree with the OP that it wouldn't cost much for Celebrity to offer another perk to the CS category.

And Celebrity has confirmed that those who book before Jan 1 will get the specialty dining they have reserved and expect (even though as of last week, it is no longer a listed perk). So for a period of time now until then, some people get to double dip, getting BOTH the dining perk and the new suite perks. Not a bad deal, certainly nothing to complain about.

Get your drink of choice then go right outside the door and relax and chit chat in Ensemble lounge if MC is that full, it's rarely full, and still very quiet most times, but for when their is live music happening. And has lots of more comfy loungey spaces than MC does.

I'm sorry, but that is not always an option. And I gather from your comments that your experiences on board have been far different from ours. The noise levels from the musical entertainment in most areas of the ship from Ensemble to the Martini Bar are not conducive to having a relaxing chit chat. Everyone has to speak as loudly as they can to be heard over the music. And MC has apparently been utilized on more occasions than not on our sailings. Even so, it has been a haven of tranquility from the the noisy and crowded conditions of the other bars on the ship. Why should we, and others who feel the same, not enjoy a perk that we have paid a premium price for?

And Celebrity has confirmed that those who book before Jan 1 will get the specialty dining they have reserved and expect (even though as of last week, it is no longer a listed perk). So for a period of time now until then, some people get to double dip, getting BOTH the dining perk and the new suite perks. Not a bad deal, certainly nothing to complain about.

But those in Celebrity suites which us what this thread is about are NOT double dipping and now do not have the same product they booked (Michaels will inevitably be crowded at points) and unlike the RS and PH who had the compensation of a new perk free laundry CS get nothing.

Edited by uktog

But those in Celebrity suites which us what this thread is about are NOT double dipping and now do not have the same product they booked (Michaels will inevitably be crowded at points) and unlike the RS and PH who had the compensation of a new perk free laundry CS get nothing.

Don't forget the perk of the bottle of champagne vs the sparkling wine in the CS. Oh wait, we get bottled water on embarkation day, very valuable perk if you don't have a beverage package or don't want to go to MC. I am suspicious that the downgrading of the CS may not have ended. Time will tell.

I'm sorry, but that is not always an option. And I gather from your comments that your experiences on board have been far different from ours. The noise levels from the musical entertainment in most areas of the ship from Ensemble to the Martini Bar are not conducive to having a relaxing chit chat. Everyone has to speak as loudly as they can to be heard over the music. And MC has apparently been utilized on more occasions than not on our sailings. Even so, it has been a haven of tranquility from the the noisy and crowded conditions of the other bars on the ship. Why should we, and others who feel the same, not enjoy a perk that we have paid a premium price for?

Couldn't agree with you more. Just got off our trans-atlantic on the Eclipse and MC made the cruise. The area outside of MC was packed with people every evening before dinner. There was never a seat to be had and the noise level was quite high. It was a godsend to be able to walk into MC and leave that all behind. Now I find they are going to ruin that perk for the CS by more than tripling the amount of people who will be using MC. The room is too small to accommodate that many people. Today I canceled our cruise next year on the Equinox. Simply not worth it.

And that, IMO, is what is most disconcerting about the potential number of guests in MC on the Reflection. There are a total of 84 Sky Suites on the Reflection whereas there are only 44 on all the other S-class ships. At double occupancy that would be an additional 168 guests which is almost double the other S-class ships! As Sue has pointed out "the walls are not elastic". We are booked B2B next year on the Reflection and I for one am quite concerned about how this increase in capacity will be handled without diminishing the quite pleasant experience that we have had in MC up until now.

Did not realize there were that many extra suites on Reflection.

Guess that's why BLU was not big enough at peak times even though they added some more seats.... We did not like Reflection for other reasons, so now will keep this in mind if we are able to book a suite in the new group of offerings.

That's not right.

The wording was "all suite guests." If you had 3 or more travelling in the suite, they are also entitled.

Did not realize there were that many extra suites on Reflection.

Guess that's why BLU was not big enough at peak times even though they added some more seats.... We did not like Reflection for other reasons, so now will keep this in mind if we are able to book a suite in the new group of offerings.

Most of the extra suites were Aqua suites on the extra part of deck 12 which converted to Sky suites in the new suite program. Before this they were assigned to Blu for dinning.

Couldn't agree with you more. Just got off our trans-atlantic on the Eclipse and MC made the cruise. The area outside of MC was packed with people every evening before dinner. There was never a seat to be had and the noise level was quite high. It was a godsend to be able to walk into MC and leave that all behind. Now I find they are going to ruin that perk for the CS by more than tripling the amount of people who will be using MC. The room is too small to accommodate that many people. Today I canceled our cruise next year on the Equinox. Simply not worth it.

I find it interesting and sorry - kind of amusing- that you would cancel a great cruise just because there MIGHT be more people in MC. Just because there is a potential for more people in MC because of the addition of Sky Suites does not mean that there will be triple the people in there every night. We just stayed in a Sky Suite on Reflection. We had a premium drink package. Most people in suites these days have some type of drink package. We enjoyed the freedom of going to any bar - sometimes noisy, sometimes quiet. We probably would not have used MC very much if it were available to us. Perhaps on occasion. That is our thinking and of course I can't speak for any other Sky Suite passenger. Next cruise we are in a CS and I feel the same. Occasional use of MC and experience the variety of other areas on the ship. We love cruising and don't do it for any particular perk. Just enjoy!

I've cancelled my CS and gone to a CC saved myself thousands of pounds in the process. When I booked one of the perks was lunch in the suite restaurant on port days. I know there are other venues but I don't want other venues I wanted what I booked and did plan not to go ashore on all port days as I've been to the ports several times. The rep told me there had never been lunch in the suite restaurant on port days lol

I also spoke to the rep about MC she said it won't be as busy with Sky suites because zenith Captains club members wont be allowed in anymore. I think it will be busier. I don't think it CAN be the same experience.

I'm not willing to pay a high price to sleep in the step child cabin of the fleet.

Edited by DebbieMacG

I also spoke to the rep about MC she said it won't be as busy with Sky suites because zenith Captains club members wont be allowed in anymore. I think it will be busier. I don't think it CAN be the same experience.

I can't imagine this to be true.

Even if it is, there are only like 100 or so Zeniths, so like max 4-8 on any one sailing so not even worth considering.