Admin fee charged to each passenger when date changed on NYC sailing

JMKreno

I noticed a $50 per person admin fee added to my booking when I was making a payment last night. I thought it was from when I added another guest, but that shouldn't have required a fee. So I called Carnival and they indicated that I had made a "saling date change" on my booking from Nov 7 to Nov 5. I NICELY informed them that Carnival made the change, not me (the date changed from Nov 7 to Nov 5 because of the cancellation of the cruise to nowhere). After a 15 minute wait while they talked with the supervisor, they realized the error and removed the fee.

Lesson? CHECK YOUR BOOKING if you are on any of the Vista sailings that had a date change for added admin fees and get them removed!

That's some good bonus $$ for Carnival.

More like theft. Having had this pointed out to them it will be interesting to know if Carnival makes the adjustments for all who have been incorrectly charged the fee and without anyone having to inquire and ask the fee to be reversed.

• 1 month later...

The fee was labeled as name/date/admin fee in their system. She said it was because of the fare (early saver) but other fares can also get charged fees.

Hoping this was a fluke against my account, but to be fair there are 4000+ guests, and some booked early saver, I can't imagine mine being the only one that got this magical fee added...

Edited by JMKreno

I would think the fee would only be there for people that booked an Early Saver rate. Those not on that rate probably won't see the added fee.

Why? Those guests didn't choose to change the date, Carnival changed sail date for the entire voyage. Nothing to do with what fare you booked.

Our whole group is on the Nov 16 sailing, originally supposed to be Nov 18. We're all booked Early Saver and I don't know of anyone who got that fee charged. It sounds like a fluke, clearly that isn't something they intended to charge since there is no grounds for it.

Why? Those guests didn't choose to change the date, Carnival changed sail date for the entire voyage. Nothing to do with what fare you booked.

Our whole group is on the Nov 16 sailing, originally supposed to be Nov 18. We're all booked Early Saver and I don't know of anyone who got that fee charged. It sounds like a fluke, clearly that isn't something they intended to charge since there is no grounds for it.

I only mentioned that because the ES fare is one of the most popular fares that is subject to such an admin fee. Not because I think they should be charge the fee.

• 3 weeks later...