lanyard - punch hole in sail card?

tbmrt

You can also "buy" them with your tickets from winning trivia. I compared the new one I got last week on Eclipse and the quality was way down from my old one. The cord broke on my old one, so I simply transferred the new cord to my old lanyard.

I prefer the plastic pouch, able to save receipts & other things in the pouch. Can kind of double as a mini wallet when you head ashore too. We ordered custom lanyards for our fam fir the next trip via etsy

Edited by DZalumni

I don't want to get flamed so I'm not going to ask if it's kind of dorky to spend a week walking around the ship with the sail card hanging around one's neck? :o And what's the advantage? Every time you order a drink, doesn't the server or bartender have to make you take the card out of the pouch or from around your neck to run it through the register? And if you have it in your pocket and lose it, they can always issue a new one.

I don't want to get flamed so I'm not going to ask if it's kind of dorky to spend a week walking around the ship with the sail card hanging around one's neck? :o And what's the advantage? Every time you order a drink, doesn't the server or bartender have to make you take the card out of the pouch or from around your neck to run it through the register? And if you have it in your pocket and lose it, they can always issue a new one.

I'm with you on this.

I just put it in a pocket, who needs stuff dangling from your neck and getting in the way?

Women's cloths don't always have pockets. I would rather use a lanyard than have to carry around a purse on the ship. You can always slip it inside your top. I just hand the whole lanyard to the server. They've never seemed to find that an issue.

I love wearing a lanyard. It's convenient and I certainly do not mind having it hanging around my neck. I have lost cards or had cards stop working and standing in line for 20 minutes or more to get a new one made is a PITA.

I always bring one of those 3M Command Damage Free hooks and hang it on the inside of the cabin door a little above the door knob, about eye level. When I come into the cabin I take off my lanyard with the card and hang it up and when I go to leave I can see it handing right there....I never forget my card!! At the end of the cruise I remove the hook. Makes my life so much easier.

I'm currently on Silhouette. I've had the worst luck with my seapass. Everyday and I mean everyday, the card has stopped working and I need to line up for a new one - never happened on any other cruise

I've tried in the pocket, in the wallet, in the paper wallet thingy and still it stops working and I need to line up at guest relations again and again

I'm wondering if hanging it on a lanyard would solve the problem. Anyone else have this experience

We too used to carry hole punch, but for me other than punching the card while still checking in, I now just get guest relations to punch it. One less thing to bring, but I still have it in my travel box at home. :)

After losing one card, I have not lost one since. I loop my lanyard through my pants belt loop or a "D" ring I have sewed in a pocket and keep the card in front pocket. Great for opening cabin door, pulling out and let it dangle while you open door and put down anything else you are carrying.

Love the wrist lanyard. I have sparkly ones in different colours to go with my outfits. The the wrist one is not in the way, sits on the table nicely and when you use it the bar the bar person takes the card and the band. ImageUploadedByForums1448117111.371016.jpg.0dd7640165d1c39b392426c26b5b4d99.jpg

Edited by Hart10

Love the wrist lanyard. I have sparkly ones in different colours to go with my outfits. The the wrist one is not in the way. sits on the table nicely, and when you use it the bar the bar person takes the card and the band. [ATTACH]369223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]369223[/ATTACH]

Edited by Hart10

I love wearing a lanyard. I always bring one of those 3M Command Damage Free hooks and hang it on the inside of the cabin door a little above the door knob, about eye level. When I come into the cabin I take off my lanyard with the card and hang it up and when I go to leave I can see it handing right there....I never forget my card!! At the end of the cruise I remove the hook. Makes my life so much easier.

We do the same thing! Never an issue finding it or forgetting it. I rarely have pockets and would not want to put the card in the top of my bathing suite!:eek: