A few questions about Britannia, Thankyou in advance.

newparents

Hope if u have been on Britannia you can help me, we have seen so many bad reviews and they have left me with a few questions so here we go .......

If you don't like what they have to offer in main dining room menu do they have a back such as chicken, steak or salmon, every other ship i have been on does this but i heard Britannia doesn't so if u don't like what they have on main menu then you would basically have to leave restaurant!!

Is there a kids menu in main dining room (i know kids have an area they can go for kiddie food but is there still an option for them in main dining room?

What is the depth of the two main swimming pools?

Lastly i heard ice cream is £2.50 PER SCOOP, True or false??

Phew, any help with these answers will be greatly appreciated :-)

Hope if u have been on Britannia you can help me, we have seen so many bad reviews and they have left me with a few questions so here we go .......

If you don't like what they have to offer in main dining room menu do they have a back such as chicken, steak or salmon, every other ship i have been on does this but i heard Britannia doesn't so if u don't like what they have on main menu then you would basically have to leave restaurant!!

Is there a kids menu in main dining room (i know kids have an area they can go for kiddie food but is there still an option for them in main dining room?

There is no difference between the menus on Britannia and the other ships. The look of the menus has changed but there are still the same elements as on the previous menu. Ie an always available section. Including steak and salmon. Sorry but you have been reading misleading information. We were on the ship in Sep/Oct when the change took place.

Did not use the pool and very few children on board so I do not know about the menus. I cannot see it being any different to other P&O ships.

As for the ice cream, we passed the outlet but we did not pay much attention. Never heard anyone making comment. I honk they had tubs of Ben & Jerrys perhaps that is what was £2.50.

Firstly, don't believe the negative reports. Britannia is a lovely ship. There are a few issues to be sorted, which I am sure you are aware of, but as a whole, I am sure you will love her.

Just come off Arcadia where they had a new dinner menu. Plenty of variety but sirloin steak was on every night - didn't notice salmon apart from a couple of dishes where it was one of the choices. I am quite fussy about food but rarely is there nothing I fancy. Prawn Cocktail and tomato soup were additional starters every day and bread and butter pudding was a 'favourite dessert' every night.

Can't help on kids and ice cream but ice cream is freely available with every evening meal.

There appear to be a vocal minority determined to be negative about Britannia. They may have their reasons although I am not sure what they are. Don't pay them any attention, go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.

In my opinion if you take children into the main dining room; it's best to help them with selecting off the main menu as you have paid good money for them to travel. Part of this is learning about cuisine. If they can see nothing and neither can you then by all means fall back on to the children's menu. Should the main menu item be disliked I always say just leave it, smile and afterwards we can look in at the buffet. I do it like this because we normally have a large shared table and disruption is easiest avoided this way too. After dinner the kids club takes their attention and so the buffet normally becomes deferred until after the club closes. This has worked well for us for twelve years.

Another alternative is early children's tea time meal. This is more suited to younger children and people who wish to dine as a couple in the evening.

Regards John

ICE CREAM

There is an ice cream facility. You can buy an "Ice cream card" and have a one off charge put on your on board account and get a card with a number of punchable slots on it for the guy to punch as he gives you your ice cream. This card is at a reduced price when obtained with the similar "Soda package card" this gives so many soft drinks on a similar basis.

The ice cream card enables you to get notionally "free" ice creams which are a very basic tiny item. The more elaborate ice cream dishes are not available to you using the package card. The better ice creams are like quite elaborate in their content and a bigger scale and chargeable to your on board account. I should say £2.50 would be a realistic price to pay for this type of dish.

Do not overlook the Walls Magnum ice creams which they also have available in white chocolate, almond or original flavours.

Over all with children that are a bit independent; the soda package is good for drinks from the dispenser guns; pepsi, lemonade etc. and you can ask for a slice of lemon or lime in it!

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hello Newparents,

Assuming the link works OK; I've uploaded the menus from my cruise on Britannia in May this year.

Apart from the 'Gala Dinner' there was an 'always available' option each day.

I am a very fussy eater & if I can find something to eat each night I'm sure you won't have a problem.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskh5ek9q

Sorry I cannot assist you with your other questions.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Joan