fyree39

Did you plan a special retirement cruise?

I retire in Dec 2016 and have a Baltic cruise booked in May 2017. We will spend a few days in Amsterdam pre cruise and a few nights post cruise in Stockholm. Very excited about the great itinerary w 3 days in St Petersburg. To celebrate in January we are planning a road trip down the East coast to Florida for a few weeks. Travel is such a passion and it will be nice to come home after a trip and not have to go back to work

Edited by Love 2 Travel

I retire in Dec 2016 and have a Baltic cruise booked in May 2017. We will spend a few days in Amsterdam pre cruise and a few nights post cruise in Stockholm. Very excited about the great itinerary w 3 days in St Petersburg. To celebrate in January we are planning a road trip down the East coast to Florida for a few weeks. Travel is such a passion and it will be nice to come home after a trip and not have to go back to work

We both retired in 2014 and we did a family road trip to Niagara Falls, I love this place. That same year we did the Southern Caribbean from San Juan we also do 3 to 5 days pre cruise and 5 to 7 days post because we can no job to come back to. 2015 we did 10 day Hawaii with 8 day pre-post stay 2016 In 7 days we will be on the Legend for a 7 day Alaska cruise 7 days pre-post stay because we can no job to come back to. 2016 November return to 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise with 8 days pre-post stay. that is what i did since retirement now if i can only remember what day it is that is what you will have to look forward to in retirement

Current plan is to retire in Dec 2017, after 36+ years. Have a Crown Loft Suite booked on the Oasis of the Seas for January 2018.

Just in case the plan gets accelerated to a June 2017 date, I have the westbound TA on the Freedom of the Seas booked in October 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Retiring April 2017, 25 night cruise from Rome to the us, then board in LA on a 28 day Tahiti cruise! Color me happy!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Retiring April 2017, 25 night cruise from Rome to the us, then board in LA on a 28 day Tahiti cruise! Color me happy!

That is an interesting itinerary. May I ask which line would that be on ?

Right now my thoughts for Oct 2018 is the 23 day Seattle to Sydney and am also thinking of extending it to include New Zealand. But this is also an interesting option.

Right now my thoughts for Oct 2018 is the 23 day Seattle to Sydney and am also thinking of extending it to include New Zealand. But this is also an interesting option.

We started our retirement last spring in the opposite direction. We started with New Zealand and continued on to Seattle.

Princess lines!

My wife retired a couple of years ago. I retired in August. Our 39 day cruise from San Diego to Auckland is our retirement cruise. Four days each in Auckland, Sydney, and San Francisco post cruise.

Next year I'm cycling across the USA from San Diego to St Augustine.

The 39 day cruise morphed from a 14 day cruise since we didn't want to fly both ways.

I retire next May. We are going on the Midnight Sun cruise mid June with Princess out of Southampton. This has been on my bucket list for years but due to work commitments have been unable to go.

So excited about having 24 hour daylight! What an experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I retire next year, we have planned a TA starting from Rome, we come back to the states, and then 3-months later, a round trip from LA to Tahiti! Happening cruising

We were living in central Illinois when I 'discovered' a real cool cruise on Statendam. Wow! 28 days, San Diego round trip. Hawaii and French Polynesia.

The closer we got to the time to give final payment the more we discussed the practicality of being gone for 28 days and then returning to whatever ended up in our laps from work (we both had the time available). That was a good enough reason to give notice.

Lots of time available and lots of cruises since February 2013. 182 days and 12 cruises. Upcoming is Rotterdam 42-day Atlantic Adventurer.

Retirement is great!

Jim

I just retired in August and we're going on the Southern Caribbean route visiting the ABC islands in October, then planning the Greek Isles in 2018 for my DH retirement...

...but maybe we'll have to rethink that after reading all of the awesome itineraries you all have been sharing! Wow!:cool:

We are planning a TA followed by 3-6 months in Europe. After that, possibly a TP with a month in Australia then Japan for a week before we head home.

No we planned a 50th wedding anniversary cruise a 22 day river cruise on Viking thru Europe in a suite April of 2017!

We did a 2 week BTB on Jewel of the Seas in April 2015....I had already retired and 4 days after we got back my DH retired! It has been wonderful! Next cruise is Hawaii!!

Not to Brag (too much) but I planned two retirement cruises. As I was about to end a 30 year career in the military (I retired at the age of 53 in January 2015) I Planned a two week Panama Canal cruise for Oct 2014 followed by a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise in Dec 2014. Both were trips of a lifetime and also both were our first longer than 7 day cruises. Am thoroughly enjoying retirement now but seem to have trouble to find time for another longer cruise. Hoping to do South America in 2018 or 2019. I also look forward to returning to the Southern Caribbean in the future.

Well the day has finally arrived. Today is my first day of retirement. Waved hubby off to work and I am now sitting with a coffee and savouring the moment - It does feel sweet!!

I have planned a sneaky 2 day cruise with my best friend (38 years and counting) in May and then hubby and I are off to see the Midnight Sun in Norway in June.

Happy days

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many congratulations. Norway is a beautiful country and I have been there several times but on business. Even from where we live (Northe East Scotland) we are closer to Norway than say , London, we have never cruised there as my wife and I like to go to a warmer climate for vacation but come retirement I think a Norway cruise is definitely on "the list".