Transit time in Narita

iancal

Without any details about airlines and routes, there is no answer. You may or may not have to change terminals, or areas within a terminal. You will have a full security screening, even on a connection. You will have to show boarding pass and ID.

Beyond that....

Arriving on ANA 806 (BKK) @3PM, scheduled to depart on AC 10 (YYC) @4PM.

Just noticed that we only have one hour in between. We only have carry on-nothing checked are are seated near the front. Hopefully the former will be early and the latter will be late.

We have done this route for the past two years, but on Delta and United. We always had three hours...or more if the connection was late. Seems to me we should be in the same terminal since they are both Star Alliance-South 1.

Just noticed that we only have one hour in between. We only have carry on-nothing checked are are seated near the front. Hopefully the former will be early and the latter will be late.

We have done this route for the past two years, but on Delta and United. We always had three hours...or more if the connection was late. Seems to me we should be in the same terminal since they are both Star Alliance-South 1.

Last year was smooth, year before the lineups for security were awful. It seems to me that I saw staff checking boarding passes and assisting those with tight connections to get through on time.

Sounds like a tight connection. If you miss the connection, you might want to see if you can get booked on the Air Canada to Vancouver that leaves at 7PM (AC 004). No shortage of flights between Vancouver and Calgary.

Edited by em-sk

We were concerned about this too...even with a 2 hour connection time from a DL flight to a DL flight...no problem we ended up having 4 hours due to an incoming flight delay...you never know :eek ;)