? on Valor's Zip Line / Cave Tubing Excursion

SSBrickNJ

My family of three is booked for the Valor's excursion that begins with zip lining and ends with tubing in a cave. If only zip lining everybody would wear shorts, but with the tubing, bathing suits would seem to be the best. Do people zip line in their bathing suits? What's the best way to handle that day re. attire? Thanks!

My family of three is booked for the Valor's excursion that begins with zip lining and ends with tubing in a cave. If only zip lining everybody would wear shorts, but with the tubing, bathing suits would seem to be the best. Do people zip line in their bathing suits? What's the best way to handle that day re. attire? Thanks!

Day two since I posted this. I'd sure appreciate any feedback re. the main point of my question....please :)

Just got back from Belize and we were going with cavetubing.bz and we wore bathing suits to do zip lining and the women wore shorts over their bathing suits. The caves were closed because of heavy rain so we didnt get to cave tube but we did zip lining and rode ATV instead, had a ball doing both.

Hi...it's me....the OP. :)

Maybe there are some people who only have time to look at this forum on the weekends, so...I'm grateful for the answers I've already received but did anyone additional ever book their zip line / cave tubing excursion directly with Carnival. Did you like it? Do you agree with post #5 just above?

OP...

There are changing areas/bathrooms at the cavetubing site. Wear shorts either over your bathing suits or bring your suits to change once at cavetubing site. Wear old sneakers, running shoes, ones ready for the trash/Goodwill box, to both. Bring an extra pair of shoes/flips/sandals with you. Once done with cavetubing, drop the old pair in the donation box and change to your spare pair.

Are lockers provided at the cave changing site? Keep the newer footwear in the locker and then after tubing do you come back to that locker, donate the old and take out your newer footwear...kinda like that? Why is this needed? Your fee scrapes against the ground below the tube in the cave? or... you ruin your footwear during the zip line experience???

Not sure how a ship based excursion handles dry clothing etc.. I know some independent vendors lock everything in their vans and the driver stays with the van. For money and ship ids, a waterproof wallet/phone case works, so you can take it with you.

You don't want flips for either activity. They can come off zipping or in the water. Plus to get to the take in point for cave tubing and after take out, you'll be walking on trails with roots and rocks and gravel. If you want to wear water shoes for both, that's good. If you don't mind wearing wet shoes after cavetubing, that's cool too. I only suggested wearing older shoes as it's a nice way to give them away. It's really appreciated. Especially children sizes.

I have done this exact excursion through Carnival. It's fun. We really enjoyed it. Depending on the crowds you may do ziplining first or cave tubing first. There are lockers right next to the restrooms. We did cave tubing first. I wore my swimsuit and some shorts over my swim suit. After we were done, I changed clothes and wore a shirt and shorts for the ziplining. I wore Keen closed toe sandals for both activities. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edited by jacksmycat

For now, the two most recent posts have me feeling "good to go" but ya never know. I might think of a follow up question in the coming days. Thank you both for addressing my Carnival Excursion questions....appreciate it!!

• 4 weeks later...