Suit packing

Itsbeentoolong

I always put a jacket at the top of each suitcase laid out flat, they come out ok at the other end. Suit carriers are too much hassle in my opinion. As an aside are you going to have enough space for all those jackets with the weight restrictions? [emoji102]

I'm going to pay for an extra 10kg, if I can find a big enough suit carrier to fit them all in I'll have a suitcase for the rest of my stuff....hopefully

I should check the airline's website. Sometimes they have a maximum weight limit on a bag and then you need a second bag if you go over. If this is so your problem is having/not having a bag if they suddenly tell you this at the airport.

I pack suits in very thick plastic bags; I get them from Hangerworld on ebay 250 gauge polythene and you leave them in those and fold them in two to pack the whole thing in the case. When you get into cabin you put the coat hanger onto suit but keep the bag on it. Similar to what dry cleaners provide but built like a tank instead of flimsy.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

My husband takes 4 jackets/blazers when we cruise, which includes 2 DJs. I pack them last of all, on top of both sides of an open suitcase (we take 3 cases). I place some tissue paper in the folds to help prevent creasing and they arrive in great condition. Haven't had to press them yet, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) My dresses go in first of all, and I also use sheets of tissue paper between the folds.

I always pack my husband's dinner suit and a separate jacket in a suitcase. I lay the jacket so the neck end of the jacket is in the case and the bottom of the jacket is outside as are the sleeves. I then lay the trousers on top and fold the bottom of the jacket over and the sleeves - it's never come out creased. I use the same method with other clothes - shirts for example - lay the shirt so the collar end is flat inside the case with the tail end and the two sleeves outside - if you see what I mean. Then I put another shirt on top and do the same thing. After I have 3 or 4 laid out like that I then start folding in the tail ends and the sleeves so you end up with a sort of parcel. The shirts come out looking fine and not creased. I think there is a video on You Tube showing this method if you look.

I use those light weight suit covers that you get in places like M&S when you buy a suit/jacket & plastic coat hangers that ry cleaners give you. Put suit & trousers on plastic hanger & place in suit cover & zip up. Cut off the hanger hook. Repeat using DJ.

Pack suitcase with all the soft stuff etc. & lastly

Lay one suit sideways across the case with the top of the suit hanging over the side of the case. Lay second suit the other way round ( again over hanging the other side of the case.) fold bottom suit in over second suit & then fold second suit over, so interleaving the two suits ( the suits will fit most cases because you have cut off the hooks).

Hope that makes sense! Works for us.

Edited by Ranchi