please help! on norwegian cruise line

meggersuit

Hello all! I have a cruise booked from my sister on the Norwegian Star and i have so many questions. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! It is to honduras, belize, and two stops in Mexico. We have the specialty dining and I'm not sure what this entails. Do we make reservations for all dining places? If we don't want to do an excursion, what is are our options? any tips or suggestions?

My travel experience is Disney World, myrtle Beach, and Virginia so I am definitely in over my head!!!!

i am asking the same questions, and i have no ans yet. I would like to know the name of any good agents that do land tours on the west caribbean.

Have you looked, as suggested on your previous posts, on the Caribbean Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

and on TripAdvisor?

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hello all! I have a cruise booked from my sister on the Norwegian Star and i have so many questions. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! It is to honduras, belize, and two stops in Mexico. We have the specialty dining and I'm not sure what this entails.

Do we make reservations for all dining places? Yes, you will need to make reservations for the specialty Dining, you can do this online via your NLC account or you can make reservations once you are onboard, by calling from your cabin, stopping by the resturant, or at the service desk.

If we don't want to do an excursion, what is are our options? any tips or suggestions? Excursions are not mandatory. You can explore the ports on your own; you will find plenty to see and keep your entertained while in port. Or you can even remain on the ship on port days.

My travel experience is Disney World, myrtle Beach, and Virginia so I am definitely in over my head!!!!

I love love love Virginia, I've lived all over VA!!!

i am asking the same questions, and i have no ans yet. I would like to know the name of any good agents that do land tours on the west caribbean.

Please visit the port of calls board here-- there are tons of people who give reviews for excursions

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

But i have to tell you to mind your time. Do NOT use cell phones to tell you time. Some ships will not change the clocks to reflect island time. So take a watch. and make sure it is set to the time of the clock on the ship. Do NOT ask anyone in port what time it is because many people will not be on the same time as you are.

when the itinerary says you sail at X:00 you MUST be onboard 30 minutes before that time.

In Belieze you want a tour-=- you do not want to venture off here by yourself. There is a gated shopping community that outside vendors are not allowed in. Its beautiful and since you never been-- please take a tour

Edited by serene56