Shore excursions discount

housecruiser86

Where did you see that? I've been on 16 cruises with Carnival (sailing on cruises 17 and 18 in 3 weeks) and have never gotten a pop up like that (or any other offer for discounts on excursions) even when my booking is paid in full. :confused: That would be awesome to get, shore excursions usually are pretty expensive!! :D How much was the discount?

I recieved the offer when I booked a couple of months ago. I only placed a deposit down for my cruise. I think it was good for 24 or 48 hours.I can't remember exactly what the discount but I want to say around 20 percent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
I recieved the offer when I booked a couple of months ago. I only placed a deposit down for my cruise. I think it was good for 24 or 48 hours.I can't remember exactly what the discount but I want to say around 20 percent.

Me too. I just booked last week for the Sept. 13th cruise. Athens to Barcelona.

It offered a 20% discount for all 3 of us in the first 3 ports only (Izmir, Rhodes and Malta). You could pick from all the excursions for those ports as long as you bought all three.

And FWIW, I only have a deposit down for the cruise so far.

Edited by HawkIVette

If you will just do a little research you will find great values on DIY tours.I have been to all of these ports before and have never done a ships tour in any of them.Take a look at our roll call for the June 11 and we have been discussing private tours.

• 1 month later...

I have that today. I put a deposit down for a March 2017 cruise and have the pop up excursion good until tomorrow for, I think, Cozumel.

• 4 weeks later...
I have sailed with carnival before and when I have booked and fully paid I have received pop up countdown clock with a discount for shore excursions. I was wondering if anyone has received any offers like that for the Vista cruses

Yes, I did. After paying the full fare and receiving our booking number from our TA, we logged onto the Carnival site. There indeed was a countdown clock that offered a 15% discount on a number of shore excursions if booked within 24 hours. Please note, that if you place a hold on a stateroom, the clock will start from the hold, not the payment. For us, this was a 10 hour difference with a result that we almost missed the offer. We saved about $300 on our bookings.

Me too. I just booked last week for the Sept. 13th cruise. Athens to Barcelona.

It offered a 20% discount for all 3 of us in the first 3 ports only (Izmir, Rhodes and Malta). You could pick from all the excursions for those ports as long as you bought all three.

And FWIW, I only have a deposit down for the cruise so far.

It's not just the first three ports it's good for. You can pick any three excursions on your cruise. They just use the first three ports as a starting point. Unless things have changed this is how all three of my cruises last year were.

It's not just the first three ports it's good for. You can pick any three excursions on your cruise. They just use the first three ports as a starting point. Unless things have changed this is how all three of my cruises last year were.

Well, the one pop up I got was only for the first 3 ports. We tried to get the Rome stop discounted and only let us get the first 3. That was kind of a bummer, because the discount would have meant a lot more dollars off for our $200/pp excursion for Rome. We still managed to save a little over $100 though.

Edited by HawkIVette

I'm interested in getting the 20% excursion discount but never saw it pop up or offer it when we booked......Final payment is in July. I'm hoping it pops up then because we're sailing on the Vista to Europe and excursions can get Expensive especially with 8 ports and 3 of us 😳😳

Anyone ever Try or have any Luck Calling Carnival to see if booking excursions through them could include the 20% discount since it never popped up ?