No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

I'm currently on the Dec 5 Infinity repo in Aqua Class. We received 2 welcoming bottles of water but per Guest Services, there is no more daily water. This was per a Corporate email and effective with our sailing.

Terry

We are the Dec 5 sailing on Reflection in Aqua Class. A few minutes ago we were told the same thing by our room steward. I'm trying to remain positive about the recent changes in what I thought was a great product but they are making it very difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that AQ only had "welcome bottled water" when I checked the benefits yesterday on the Celebrity website. I hoped it was an error, but if not, thought it was probably because the beverage packages are becoming ubiquitous. I feel bad for the people in AQ without beverage packages - it was a nice perk.

I'm getting really tired of coming on these boards and seeing people complain about the most mundane, trivial things.....but I have to agree that this is a huge bummer. Paying Celebrity thousands of dollars for a room isn't worth letting us have complimentary water everyday? Water is the only thing I drink and we always enjoyed getting a couple of bottles each day in our room. It's not that I mind buying my bottles of water onboard - I still would buy copious amounts of water in addition the ones we got included with AQ - but it's just the fact that X seems intent on slowly degrading perks that made certain aspects of the cruise seem a bit special. There is nothing that justifies the higher prices X is expecting us to pay these days. Well, another reason we are glad we've made the move to Azamara and Silversea after our 2016 X cruise :(

Michael

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

It's the cheapening of the product that gets me. Celebrity is turning into a Walmart. Everything is about running deals and cutting quality. That's why I'm booking elsewhere.

Michael

I'm currently on the Dec 5 Infinity repo in Aqua Class. We received 2 welcoming bottles of water but per Guest Services, there is no more daily water. This was per a Corporate email and effective with our sailing.

Terry

This has been on Celebrity's web page for months, saying only a "welcome bottle of water" was part of the AQ benefits (and it is still there). I posted this a long time ago and everyone commented that either I was nuts or that the Celebrity IT folks messed-up again. I wondered when this would happen for real. I expected it to occur after 1/1/16.

Irony here.. Perhaps they will have to rename "Aqua" class ;)

NoAqua LOL

You would think with lower oil prices they would be saving big $. They have the right to add a surcharge but you don't see a rebate if oil goes below $40.

Welcome Aboard... Your filtered water is waiting for you in this fine stainless steel apparatus. For your convenience, we have placed these water dispensing devices throughout the ship. You will find them in all lavatory locations. Happy Cruising.:)

Quite agree, the water from a ships tap (faucet) distilled on board using the osmosis system will provide far purer water than any fancy bottled variety; and if you want it chilled fill your own bottle and put it in the fridge.

That stinks. I loved those 2 bottles a day.

However, before we did AQ they used to leave the pitcher of water in the cabin (Concierge Class) - will they still do that instead of the tea?

You can take your original bottles and keep refilling them either from that or from the ice water in the buffet area.

I do think this is a terrible cheapening of the AQ cabins. With enough outcry I hope they rescind this small-minded decision.

Quite agree, the water from a ships tap (faucet) distilled on board using the osmosis system will provide far purer water than any fancy bottled variety; and if you want it chilled fill your own bottle and put it in the fridge.

I had to laugh when I heard somebody say the ships tap water was too salty.

That being said, cutting daily bottled water from AQ seems like it will be a tangible downgrade for many especially given the increased cost of an AQ room. It sometimes really is the small things that make a cruise experience more enjoyable or a step above the competition.

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

I agree. Beverage package will easily suffice. Also, I just came off an NCL cruise, and the beverage package does NOT include bottled bottle, PLUS you have to pay tax and gratuities on the beverage package on NCL. So Celebrity does not get the award for the most nickel and diming cruise line.

What is next? There were no flowers on our recent Millennium cruise in AQU and the shampoo and conditioner were standard, so I was glad we brought our own.

It is not a problem if you have a package but they are not included on transatlantic sailings along with some others. If they take away any more benefits we will wonder why we are paying so much more money for this class cabin.

Do Suites get bottled water?

Edited by Jade13

All these recent posts about benefits being cut just reinforces my decision that we have probably sailed Celebrity for the last time. We recently completed a med cruise on Silhouette in a Concierge Class cabin and noticed a distinct decline in service standards and benefits. They have done away with flowers, now water, what next ?

Its such a shame as they seem to be concentrating on the suite passengers to the detriment of everyone else.

.... They have done away with flowers, now water, what next ?

Its such a shame as they seem to be concentrating on the suite passengers to the detriment of everyone else.

Yes, it does seem that thy are concentrating on suite passengers, & yet, if you look at the boards, there are many more threads complaining about the suite experience since the added perks. Used to be nothing but praise about the suite experience; not so since the advent of the "ship within a ship" marketing. So I guess they're not pleasing anyone.