No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

THANK YOU!

Not a big deal at all. Pick up your free bottles of water with your package before you head back to the room. If you forget, its not like your fortunate self cant use the extra steps after all the food you most likely ate.

People threatening to book elsewhere because of this? Lolololololololololol

Buh BYE!

Says the experienced cruiser who's NOT booked in AQ.

I didn't threaten. I did book another line and am looking at other lines for 2018. Last year when I booked my next month AQ cabin it had SPECIFIC perks included which are no longer included. It's not the money. It's the principal.

How would you feel if you were offered OBC with your booking but X decided before your cruise they were no longer going to offer that OBC to you? No big deal right? It's only $200 OBC you didn't pay for. Lololololololol deal with it.

I'll book X again, I just won't do it in AQ. I'll save the money and pay for specialty restaurants while I come out ahead of Blu.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

THANK YOU!

Not a big deal at all. Pick up your free bottles of water with your package before you head back to the room. If you forget, its not like your fortunate self cant use the extra steps after all the food you most likely ate.

People threatening to book elsewhere because of this? Lolololololololololol

Buh BYE!

Why is it that people assume everyone has a beverage package?? That is simply NOT the case and is totally irrelevant in any case to this thread.

As stated above - this is NOT about money. It is about principle. It is about getting what was promised at the time of booking. I think we all know that just about everyone is cutting amenities. Not an awful lot we can do about that but to take our money elsewhere if we don't like it. It is HOW it is done that is the issue. As some people are (very) quick to point out - it doesn't amount to a huge sum of $ in the grand scheme of things. If this 'cutback' had been introduced when they opened up bookings for 2017 (or whenever the next tranche were released) there might have been some moaning about reduction in standards etc, but at least you would know what you were going to get once on board, when you booked. The current situation smacks of - to be honest!- dishonesty. I know there are weasel words in the contract stating that basically they can do what they like, when they like, but what about commercial INTEGRITY? I know I certainly no longer trust X.

I have always prized honesty above just about any other characteristic in people, and have instilled this in my children and in the young people that I taught for over 30 years. I am seriously disappointed that my favourite cruise line does not have the same values.

This discussion is rapidly evolving into class warfare...as in I'm not in aqua so I think this isn't important vs I'm in aqua and it's going to cost me $10 a day to replace what I thought I bought....essentially adding $130 cost to my cruise.

There are actually quite a number of folks, aqua class or not, who don't take the drink package....they prefer the OBC or the gratuities because they expect to spend less than $300 on drinks during the cruise. Essentially, Celebrity just cut their OBC in half.

I agree with the nickle and diming of amenities Celebrity continues to do especially for those of us that book Aqua. I have 3 more scheduled this year and will be hard pressed to schedule more in Aqua. Most of our cruises are without the beverage pkg. and we do use the gym frequently using bottled water. We always take bottled water on our tours. My issue is about principle. My wife and I were on the first cruise in Dec. when we found out about no more water bottles after the first day. We did complain to appropriate Officers and on the comment survey. I don't expect change back to getting the bottles. I have already booked one cruise not using celebrity. This is a change for us since we are E Plus. We just will weigh our options in any future bookings.

We are going and we are going to have a fantastic time eating in Blu, drinking the infused teas, eating the afternoon savories, and relaxing in the Persian Garden.

Assuming of course that the infused teas and afternoon savories are not also eliminated by the time you cruise.

However, it may be a tad bit harder for you to get your drink package drink replenished as quickly at the martini bar as we will all be placing orders for bottled water to take back to our cabins.

That's okay, I'm patient. This is a cruise to relax, I will let others fight and stress out at the Martini Bar.

Edited by El Crucero

And that will buy a lot of bottled water if that is what is important to them.

I can say you have no skin in the bottled water game. I do. You no longer think that Aqua has any value to you, so you took an appropriate action by booking 1A. It appears that your problem is solved.

You're right, Aqua has $130 less value to us than it used to....and I am one of those who thinks Blu is worth about $15-20pp a day. Celebrity wants $600+pp more for an A2 than a 1A on the cruise we just booked last month on an s-class ship. I'm not sure how anyone actually justifies paying that difference...but if the daily water was a factor in deciding to upgrade, well, that upgrade is worth $130 less (14 day cruise) for non drinkers.