No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

I don't even use a Brita filter because my tap water is fine, and I'm not what you'd consider an environmental nut. But the difference between all those other bottles and ones for water is that the ones for water are almost always wholly unnecessary if you have a source of potable water and a refillable container. Soda has to be packaged in its own single-use bottle because of the product that is inside it. Most people also don't lug their laundry detergent bottles around town and then toss them in a can where they blow out and become litter for the next 1,000 years. That one bottle of detergent also holds product that is used multiple times. Our landfills are filled with water bottles that were manufactured solely for the convenience of not having to turn on a tap and fill another drinking container (which ultimately you pay for in increased trash services cost). The epitome of waste.

Waste of money? Absolutely. However It doesn't matter if the container is tossed in a public trash can or in your home trash can. It all ends up in a land fill unless you live in an area like I do where we have a special recycle pick up. We also have a nickel deposit on each bottle of water purchased.

Waste of money? Absolutely. However It doesn't matter if the container is tossed in a public trash can or in your home trash can. It all ends up in a land fill unless you live in an area like I do where we have a special recycle pick up. We also have a nickel deposit on each bottle of water purchased.

We all agree on that. If people didn't drink bottled water, then all of those water bottles wouldn't be produced in the first place.

I've read this thread and am confused. I sail in concierge or vernal cabins so not familiar with AQ cabins. I looked at the perks listed in a Celebrity book I received in August 2014 and it only states welcoming bottle of water not daily water. If the ship stewards were providing bottles daily it wasn't a listed perk, at least not in 2014. Still not sure why people need bottled water. I agree that it is not environmentally friendly. We either bring on a reusable water bottle or buy one and then refill with water from the cabin.

It has been a listed perk and it was my last cruise in Aqua in Aug. 14. It also was not daily but they were replaced when used.

It has been a listed perk and it was my last cruise in Aqua in Aug. 14. It also was not daily but they were replaced when used.

I know that the water was consistently inconsistent. We have always had two additional bottles put in our aqua cabin every day whether or not the old ones were empty or full. Others had only empty (or missing) bottles replaced...and occasionally (due to new cabin attendants) some only had the two bottles at the beginning of the cruise.

Therefore, one can hope....and probably you will find as you cruise that it will continue to be inconsistent even though HQ supposedly sent out a memo. Does anyone remember the Luminae meal fiasco :)

I'm currently on the Dec 5 Infinity repo in Aqua Class. We received 2 welcoming bottles of water but per Guest Services, there is no more daily water. This was per a Corporate email and effective with our sailing.

Terry

AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
  • Welcome bottled water
  • Daily delivery of flavored tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

Services

• Welcome bottled water
  • Priority check-in

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Amenities

• Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers

Stateroom features

• Fog-free mirror

The complimentary sparkling wine seems also to have disappeared????

That's definitely a change since we booked our aqua cabins....

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this is the description of AQ cabins that has been on Celebrity's web site for months (last summer??).

Edited by sptrout

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this is the description of AQ cabins that has been on Celebrity's web site for months (last summer??).

However, they should have notified those of us with reservations based on specific amenities at the time of initial contract, that they were going to change what was going to be provided without any compensation. Naturally, that would have been the correct thing to do, but Celebrity seems to have jumped the rails on this and other cut backs.

However, they should have notified those of us with reservations based on specific amenities at the time of initial contract, that they were going to change what was going to be provided without any compensation. Naturally, that would have been the correct thing to do, but Celebrity seems to have jumped the rails on this and other cut backs.

I agree completely.

We sailed in an Aqua Class cabin this past October. It was booked in March 2014 when itineraries were first released. There were several amenities that were removed by the time we sailed. While it didn't ruin our cruise, it was a let down.

Perhap because it was not? There was certainly more than one on our Silhouette TA last month. The activities manager was very active and busy. Seemed normal to me. We will see next month on the Eclipse.

On our Equinox sailing 3 weeks ago there was an activities manager who managed one activities person. It was the same on our last two Summit sailings. All three cruises had instances where one activities person had to be in two places at one time. Our last Princess cruise in November 2014 had 6 activities staff in addition to the CD. It is VERY noticeable.

[*]Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

How cute -- We were on the Equinox from October 2nd through November 9th. We were in an Aqua stateroom for the first two legs of that B2B2B, and there was NO lip balm, nor was there facial spray. I am not interested in the facial spray but asked our stateroom attendant (who had been with the Celebrity for several contracts and seem very conscientious) about the lip balm and was told that the lip balm has been eliminated.

The elimination of the daily water in Aqua really has cheapened their product for me.

Maybe that's a concierge class perk..I believe AQ gets everything that CC gets plus the above list...hope so someone can check....

Never needed a spa concierge...I book my own appts on the first day....do not need my sandals shined... and have recently rejected using any ripped, frayed or stained towels....would not use any like that at home so not accepting anything less in the stateroom..some are pretty bad!

Can Celebrity Cruises please comment on the reason for the change and why suites are getting perks added while AQ is losing a good one ..they can keep the tea and provide water...but we will use our classic package for water although much less convenient!!

Maybe that's a concierge class perk..I believe AQ gets everything that CC gets plus the above list...hope so someone can check....

That statement was eliminated several months ago along with the two bottles of water. In its place a "welcome bottle of water" was added. Very lame to even mention such a thing as a welcome bottle of water. Celebrity should be embarrassed to say the least.

It is easy to confirm just check the AQ amenities on the website. It has not changed for months.

Services

• Welcome bottled water
  • Priority check-in

Dining

Amenities

• Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers

Stateroom features

• Fog-free mirror

So the welcome complimentary sparkling wine has been replaced with welcome bottled water? and the daily bottled water has been eliminated? I'm not in aqua class again until 2017, I wonder if there will still be a Blu restaurant then?

Cynthia

That statement was eliminated several months ago along with the two bottles of water. In its place a "welcome bottle of water" was added. Very lame to even mention such a thing as a welcome bottle of water. Celebrity should be embarrassed to say the least.

It is easy to confirm just check the AQ amenities on the website. It has not changed for months.

So we're getting welcome water...no wine (it was drinkable with OJ) ..fairly chintzy!

Not much lately in the realm of MODERN LUXURY....Celebrity has been Royalized.,esp with current direction.....more similar than different,

AQ regulars are going to have to speak up just like the suite guests did!

So the welcome complimentary sparkling wine has been replaced with welcome bottled water? and the daily bottled water has been eliminated? I'm not in aqua class again until 2017, I wonder if there will still be a Blu restaurant then?

Cynthia

I remember when I first read that swap several months ago, I could not believe that Celebrity would even mention something so below what I thought Celebrity stood for. They should at least remove that insulting "perk".

Wow, Celebrity is going downhill so fast, you can hear the gurgle. Raising prices and taking away even small things we have come to love about Celebrity really makes us want to look elsewhere. I love the "welcome Bottled Water"! Wow I can hardly wait to have the first sip! We are booked in AQ for 44 nights starting in March. Perhaps we should cancel. There comes a time when the final straw breaks the camel's back even though it's not very heavy!

Edited by TeaBag

We actually liked the sparkling plonk to sip when we first got into our cabin, waiting for our luggage and reading all the reams of paper.

I can't believe that they have so SNEAKILY downgraded everything...who looks at the website from the time they book until the time they sail? Who I feel bad for are the room stewards...everyone asking "where's my wine? where's my water?"

The WORST PART is that they have simultaneously raised prices...do one or the other but not BOTH!!!

Interesting comments.

In our case we always ended up with extra water bottles; on our last cruise the number totalled about 10 or so and storage became an issue. Clearly we are not the average Aqua Class cruiser.

I also think that, in the past, when posters here inquired about the advantage of booking Aqua Class the perk that was most often mentioned was access to Blu, not the daily bottle of water. We are still of that opinion.

Wow, Celebrity is going downhill so fast, you can hear the gurgle. Raising prices and taking away even small things we have come to love about Celebrity really makes us want to look elsewhere. I love the "welcome Bottled Water"! Wow I can hardly wait to have the first sip! We are booked in AQ for 44 nights starting in March. Perhaps we should cancel. There comes a time when the final straw breaks the camel's back even though it's not very heavy!

Do look elsewhere.....we have moved on after our recent Celebrity cruise (with the exception of the one that we have booked for Dec 2016 that we are considering canceling). Celebrity has diluted their product so much in the past year, we have whiplash with the changes. We have no regrets about moving on to other lines....especially Azamara.

Michael

A bottle of water costs less than 10 cents wholesale. On a 14 night cruise, celebrity saves max $2.80 per cabin and that's if both bottles are drunk each day. Wait, the first 2 are free so we are talking about max $2.40 saving per cabin for a 14 night cruise....celebrity is going beyond the ridiculous in taking the aqua out of aqua class. Do the brains in hq realize that the very folks that care the most about bottled water are the very demographic they are targeting...hello!!!

Edited by ghstudio