2016 Itineraries Come Out When?

tymike

I always wait until after final payment and almost always use Allianz. Don't know what the honeymoon package is. I can think of a few things clean and not so clean......!!!!!

I think I'll call Allianz. Used them before and it was fine.

As to your reply re: the honeymoon package...all I can say is that it made me LOL!!! Thanks!

My TA, through the travel agency that rhymes with 'ahoya', tells me that we can wait on the insurance until final payment because we don't know airfare/hotel prices yet. Does that sound right? I've never had to fly to cruise and I've never done hotels pre or post cruise so this is new territory for me.

Thanks all!!

If you are looking at cancellation for any reason then I am pretty sure your agent is wrong. Same if you are looking to cover prexisting conditions. What we do then is buy the insurance with the deposit then as we add hotels air etc we keep increasing the amounts. We went thru this recently with our current PG cruise so read the fine print. Suggest you read the policy itself instead of relying on your agent. I find a number of them know nothing about travel insurance.

After checking everything we decided to go with PG. We used to go with Travelguard but they stopped insuring Canadians out of the U.S. And their Canadian policy isn't up to snuff.

As to your reply re: the honeymoon package...all I can say is that it made me LOL!!! Thanks!

As you can see there is plenty of camaraderie on this board though a couple of us flex our muscles from time to time....not twin, he is toooo nice!

Seriously regarding their honeymoon package they may just mean the blessing at La Palette at Bora Bora. They wrap the couple in a wedding blanket and take pics with the BB peak in the background. They read a lovely wedding poem. This is a group event for all those celebrating anniversaries, honeymoons etc.

Well today is my 36th anniversary and I have been drinking.... Happy New Year from Atlantic City!

A good and nice hijack is a good thing!

Trust me...when I have more questions pertaining to the actual cruise I'll be sure to ask! And I'm sure there will be tons! Haven't even touched on shore excursions etc! :)

Oh, and I got an email today from TA saying that cancel for any reason insurance must be purchased within 14 days of booking. Will get on that tomorrow!

We were planing on booking a May 2017 cruise for out 30th anniversary. We just found out the the ship will be in dry dock during that time. Looks like our Windstar vs Paul Gaugiun decision has been made for us.

Why don't you come on the Reunion instead? The cruise line goes all out.

Ok...time for a pre-cruise hotel question! I'm thinking 2 nights in Moorea and perhaps one at the IC in Tahiti. Tahiti would be night one, then the 2 nights at the Hilton in Moorea.

For anyone who has stayed at the Hilton, do you have any advice as to the best room/OWB with stunning sunset views and as much privacy as can be obtained? I think the same question applies to the IC in Tahiti, but we will be travel fatiqued and will also want to be off property to go to the food trucks, big store, etc. so the room may not matter as much at the IC.

Thanks all...as always!

If your flight gets in at night and the first night is in Tahiti it won't matter since you are leaving early the next day for Moorea. If your flight gets in at 5:00 am personally I would get a Panoramic view room on the top floor. The new Motu bungalows I have been told are really good though. OWB bungalow at the IC Tahiti a waste of money. You should also consider paying for two nights so you can check in right away - it will all depend on your flight.

If you are only there overnight just a regular IC room is fine. However if you are spending the day there the Panoramic rooms are nice.

We are not Hilton customers usually but check into getting their card ...maybe they will offer you a deal.

Hi all,

I'm also booked for a cruise near tymike's. With similar questions. Not sure about flights yet, nor can be.

*Is Tahiti/Papeete worth a day (or more) of tourism? Seems like it could be great to circumnavigate by car/tour, hike a bit, and get to know the downtown/restos/foodtrucks at least a little. Of course, everything sounds great, but compared to more Moorea days?

* Re the Hilton on Moorea, I'd also appreciate OWB insights and tradeoffs re 4 factors: snorkeling, privacy, sunset, and some view of the island/mountains as well. Anything I'm missing? What kind of sunsets do the Sofitel folks enjoy? How cool is Tahiti in the distance? What about snorkeling there?

* Should one rent a car on Moorea? Why/why not?

TY, TY, TY!

Hi all,

I'm also booked for a cruise near tymike's. With similar questions. Not sure about flights yet, nor can be.

*Is Tahiti/Papeete worth a day (or more) of tourism? Seems like it could be great to circumnavigate by car/tour, hike a bit, and get to know the downtown/restos/foodtrucks at least a little. Of course, everything sounds great, but compared to more Moorea days?

* Re the Hilton on Moorea, I'd also appreciate OWB insights and tradeoffs re 4 factors: snorkeling, privacy, sunset, and some view of the island/mountains as well. Anything I'm missing? What kind of sunsets do the Sofitel folks enjoy? How cool is Tahiti in the distance? What about snorkeling there?

* Should one rent a car on Moorea? Why/why not?

TY, TY, TY!

You could take the circle island trip around Tahiti but rather than that I would take Patrick Aventure 's 4x4 tour . He takes you into the deep jungle very unpopulated with tons of water falls. You can swim under a waterfall too.

It's handy to rent a car in Moorea as twin mentioned.

Sofitel has morning sun with the sun disappearing around 3 or 4 in the afternoon hidden by the hill. But the sunrises are gorgeous with Tahiti in the distance, Sofitel also has a lovely beach. It doesn't have restaurants near by but I find the hotel food fine.

Maybe when loungelizard returns from her trip she will fill you in on the Hilton OWB. I have spent the day there but never stayed overnight.

Thanks for all the replies regarding the hotel stay! Now I have an 'ugh' question.

I gave the TA the credit card information and she ran it ( or gave it to someone else to run it) but according to her, it didn't go through. After several phone calls the fact is that the issuing bank says it was never run at all. I double checked the # etc. with her and it was exact. She thinks it might be because there is a daily limit on charges (I was trying to do the deposit) but that doesn't even matter because the issuing bank would know if a charge was even attempted and/or declined and they say there were none.

What do all you experts think the problem could be? BTW, the card has more than enough of a credit limit for the deposit and there have been heftier charges made to it in the past.

Any ideas?

No idea here. Are you using a credit card or debit card? Also I hope your credit card doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee as the PG clears through Ireland. If you get banged with a fee let them know and you will get it back in an OBC. I have never heard of your problem before. Maybe tomorrow your charge will show up. Your TA didn't call PG?