Ncl no longer using Academy Bus from Boston to NY terminal

tigerlilycruiser12

I was debating bus or Amtrak. I've decided to go with Peter Pan. They have a lot to leave the car for the week. It's not cheap. Bus from Providence to NY, then a cab. I'll be paying to park the car in Providence, then the bus, and then the cab. It used to be so much easier.

Most of the bus options run along the I-95 corridor and none of them are north of Boston which is why I liked the Academy bus route. This stinks. Now I'm not sure the cost of Amtrak and an overnight hotel stay or flying in is worth sailing out of NYC. It might just be cheaper to fly to FL and board there and spend all 14 days warm! :cool:

I really hope NCL develops a new plan for bussing from the New England states to the pier in NYC. It was really helpful and both time I did it, the bus was half-full allowing people to have space if they wanted it (may also be a reason as to why it was cancelled though). :cool:

Most of the bus options run along the I-95 corridor and none of them are north of Boston which is why I liked the Academy bus route. This stinks. Now I'm not sure the cost of Amtrak and an overnight hotel stay or flying in is worth sailing out of NYC. It might just be cheaper to fly to FL and board there and spend all 14 days warm! :cool:

I really hope NCL develops a new plan for bussing from the New England states to the pier in NYC. It was really helpful and both time I did it, the bus was half-full allowing people to have space if they wanted it (may also be a reason as to why it was cancelled though). :cool:

Have you looked at C&J bus lines? They go to NYC from Portsmouth NH and Tewksbury MA. I've heard good things but haven't tried them yet.

I am going by bus with mega bus they have a lot pick up places from mass to NY just gotta take a cab after u get to the bus stop in NY which is like 15 minutes away

Drop off can be 15 minute cab ride but the pick up spot is right near the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app