Cheaper to put 4 in a room?

shmoggy

I'll be sailing with my 3 kids, is there any discount to put 4 of us in one room vs having 2 of us in one room and 2 in another? The kids ages are 18, 13 & 11, if that makes any difference, and Grandma is going on the trip too, I'm not sure if she'll be in a room alone or share with another family member or stay in a room with one or 2 of the kids. Just looking for the cheapest combination for us without overcrowding! We did 5 in a cabin one year and it was ROUGH!

Up until now, there are often been four of us in an inside Carnival cabin - and we've always done fine. The trick is to have the lower beds as twins which gives the impression of more space and makes it easier to walk around. Just don't bump your head on the overhead bunks!

Take one of those over-the-door plastic shoe holders to corral your small items (Post It notes, pens, Funtimes, sunscreen, camera, pony holders, etc.). It can be used on the knobs used by Carnival for the continental breakfast menu.

I'll be sailing with my 3 kids, is there any discount to put 4 of us in one room vs having 2 of us in one room and 2 in another? The kids ages are 18, 13 & 11, if that makes any difference, and Grandma is going on the trip too, I'm not sure if she'll be in a room alone or share with another family member or stay in a room with one or 2 of the kids. Just looking for the cheapest combination for us without overcrowding! We did 5 in a cabin one year and it was ROUGH!

You'll find it fairly tight especially with 18 year old. See if Grandma will take one of the kids . Then she won't have to pay the single supplement for her cabin . Depending on the cruise line the supplement could almost double her fare. If one one of the kids is a girl , have in Grandmas cabin.

Your answer is a qualified maybe. You have to price it both ways and see which works out better. As far as crowding two to a cabin will always be a better option than 4 in a cabin.

Take one of those over-the-door plastic shoe holders to corral your small items (Post It notes, pens, Funtimes, sunscreen, camera, pony holders, etc.). It can be used on the knobs used by Carnival for the continental breakfast menu.

I believe Carnival has now banned the use of those.

http://cruisefever.net/11102-over-the-door-organizers-no-longer-allowed-on-carnival-cruise-line/

The FAQ of Carnival says so long as they are fire-retardant, hang inside the stateroom and do not damage the door they are allowed. As directed in the post, they sould be used on the metal hooks in the room where the breakfast cards are usually found.

There is the link regarding the shoe organizer: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/kw/door%20decorating