Opinions: Port Aft Balcony Cabin on Deck 7

So we're booked for our Western Carribean Cruise, and just recieved word we'll be in room 7160 (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom). It looks like its towards the left rear of the ship. Is this a decent room? Is there much difference between Deck 7 and the higher decks? the balcony looks slightly larger. But I'm not sure what the pros/cons are of this room. Opinions are welcome!

Thanks

So we're booked for our Western Carribean Cruise, and just recieved word we'll be in room 7160 (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom). It looks like its towards the left rear of the ship. Is this a decent room? Is there much difference between Deck 7 and the higher decks? the balcony looks slightly larger. But I'm not sure what the pros/cons are of this room. Opinions are welcome!

Thanks

Which ship?

We had 7176 on the Serenade in June...and LOVED it. It was our first aft. We had NO complaints at all. It was very peaceful...no one in the halls. The long walk was great exercise and it just seemed to get shorter as we grew used to it. The view was amazing!!!! We liked Deck 7 becasue we were lower down from the Windjammer's outside seating. There were people looking over and I don't think I would like to be just below it.

Was your view down from the balcony obstructed by lifeboats at all? That's really the only thing that I'm not totally happy about with this cabin... Also, any noise from the engines or clubs? Thanks for the info!

Carla

We were middle aft, deck 7....so no lifeboats. The Safari Club (or whichever is at the very end aft) protruded a small amount...but not near enough to ruin our view. We have wonderful pictures of the wake in a full moon. As for noise from the club...very minimal. We usually were not in our room to stay until 1 a.m. or so, but when we dropped in during the evening you might hear a liitle noise...nothing overwhelming. No engine noise at all.

Radiance of the Seas, Deck 7, Aft - November 27, 2005 - I have only heard wonderful reviews about aft cabins. I can't wait to see the wake highlighted by moonlight. On other cruises, my favorite part was watching the wake - day or night. Anyone else going that week?

I have two aft cabins on Deck 7 - 7176 & 7676. At one point we were on Deck 9, because my second cabin needed to accomodate 4. Plans changed and now it's just 2 and 2. (Aft Cabins only allow 2 to a room)

Know where any photo's are of the back of the ship? I'd love to see them.

Funny you should ask, I was just looking at some yesterday of the aft cabins and aft balconies. But I forgot the url.... I'll search around and see if i can find it again. I was wondering who would rent the aft balconies... the windows are at an angle and the balcony looks pretty fantastic, but limited peripherially.:)

Happy Birthday in advance - until, we can wish it to you in person! I'm not sure what RCI will do - this is my first with them. My name is Sandi - I'll be cruising with my son Tracy, Mom - Doris, Daughter - Ashtan. Pierre is my Bichon and he wishes he could come along 2.

With the aft cabins, we will miss some of the people watching at the ports, but I'm hoping the moonlight, wind shield and wake will make up for it.

Thanks

When is your cruise? We are in 7160 on the Serenade of the Seas on November 19. I would imagine they are similar. If I go before you, I'll report back...if you go before me, would you be so kind as to do likewise?

Pierre2

"With the aft cabins, we will miss some of the people watching at the ports, but I'm hoping the moonlight, wind shield and wake will make up for it."

When we had 7176 on the Serenade we were still able to people watch. At two of our three ports we were even able to see into the ship next to us...as we were end to end. :rolleyes:

We've been in 1100 and 9256 on Radiance, and the only time people can look down on you is when you are standing at the rail. Actually, I thinks it's nice, each night at sunset, to smile at my fellow aft passengers, all of us understanding how special the moment is.

After sailing in our first, we always book aft cabins. We love the large balcony and we enjoy the peace and quiet of the back end of the ship. Nothing beats watching the wake, the stars at night, or the ports as we sail away from them.

Apparently, there are only a few designated aft cabins for more than 3, but none at the end of the ship (which is where I wanted) RCI seems to limit those to 2 in the D1 category. I can't imagine having to share one bathroom with 3 teenage girls.

Archived