not technically a cruise question...

tronan

hi

this is not really a cruise question , but here goes.

we are sailing on freedom of the seas for our honeymoon next august , we are flying from dublin to los angeles ans then diving to san diego and las vegas.

question 1.what is a good hotel in los angeles??

question 2.whats a good hotel in san diego??

question 3. whats a good hotel in vegas??

question 4. what airline could we use to fly from vegas to miami??

question 5.what airline could we use to fly from miami to newyork??

i know its a lot of questions , but coming from ireland , we thought you americans would have the best answers for us..

all help is greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance.

Depends on price range, there are over 1000 hotels in LA. Where or what do you want to see in LA? How long are you here for?

Vegas will have the same questions. Do you want to be on the strip or off? Price range as well here.

Look for direct flights to Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

We liked the view and the convenience of the Holiday Inn on the waterfront in San Diego (there are two, this is the one right across from the cruise ship pier). It was convenient to the airport, walking distance to the gaslamp district, and very easy to get on board ship from there (not sure if you are embarking in San Diego?)

You can watch 'your ship come in' from your balcony! Plus it was inexpensive.

havent really thought about what we want to see in los angeles , i suppose the usual thing , hollywood sign ,rodeo drive , the street with the stars in the ground , maybe a few celebrities homes???

i would love to stay at the regent beverly wilshire , but thats only because pretty woman is my favourite film.......

as for las vegas , we definatley want to be on the strip , we want to be in the centre of everything in all te cities we visit as this will be our first tme in all.

same goes for san diego , although fiance was in san diego before , did a irish bar in the gas lamp quater (hes a carpenter)so not to worried about san diego as m sure he will know hes way around.

we will be staying in la for 2 nights , san diego for 2 nights , and vegas for 3 nights.

oh our cruise departs from miami , but i have found a airline that does a direct flight from vegas to miami , american airlines ,any other suggestions would be great.

thanks very much for all your help , as always in moment of need just turn to the people of cruise critic.xxx

Not center strip in LV (south end), but we really loved Mandalay Bay. It has a fantastic pool (if you're going in the winter, I guess that's not as much of a consideration). They have built a high end sister property next door since we visited.

If that AA direct flight is cheapest , go for it. Even better if it is non-stop.

I'm a Southwest fan, so I'd probably look at pricing LV to Fort Lauderdale. A little longer trip from airport to pier (probably $35 more by cab).

Not center strip in LV (south end), but we really loved Mandalay Bay. It has a fantastic pool (if you're going in the winter, I guess that's not as much of a consideration). They have built a high end sister property next door since we visited.

If that AA direct flight is cheapest , go for it. Even better if it is non-stop.

I'm a Southwest fan, so I'd probably look at pricing LV to Fort Lauderdale. A little longer trip from airport to pier (probably $35 more by cab).

hi

we are sailing on freedom of the seas for our honeymoon next august , we are flying from dublin to los angeles ans then diving to san diego and las vegas.

question 3. whats a good hotel in vegas?? Cesars palace

question 4. what airline could we use to fly from vegas to miami?? south west but fly to fll instead 35 min cab ride to miami

i know its a lot of questions , but coming from ireland , we thought you americans would have the best answers for us..

thanks in advance.

see above

hi

question 3. whats a good hotel in vegas?? Cesars palace

question 4. what airline could we use to fly from vegas to miami?? south west but fly to fll instead 35 min cab ride to miami

thanks in advance.

see above

I stayed at The Venetian Resort and it was absolutely gorgeous! The Grand Canal Shoppes and the Grand Canal with the gondalas have to be seen to be believed. The restaraunts are outstanding to say the least! We were very pleased with the Venetian, especially the roomy room, which had a "sunken" living room and very classy appurtances and huge luxury bathroom. There was the long walk through the lobby, hallways, elevator, and more long walk to leave from and get to our room each time. But they left Ghirardelli Chocolates for us each night, prepared the beds each night in addition to cleaning the room and bathroom each day.

I felt like royalty there! Security in the Venetian is very good. You have to show a room key to access the elevators from the first floor. There is a key-operated door to the elevators on the second floor (Grand Canal level) and there were guards on the first floor to hold the elevators and making sure the door opened for everyone!

ENJOY!

I stayed at The Venetian Resort and it was absolutely gorgeous! The Grand Canal Shoppes and the Grand Canal with the gondalas have to be seen to be believed. The restaraunts are outstanding to say the least! We were very pleased with the Venetian, especially the roomy room, which had a "sunken" living room and very classy appurtances and huge luxury bathroom. There was the long walk through the lobby, hallways, elevator, and more long walk to leave from and get to our room each time. But they left Ghirardelli Chocolates for us each night, prepared the beds each night in addition to cleaning the room and bathroom each day.

I felt like royalty there! Security in the Venetian is very good. You have to show a room key to access the elevators from the first floor. There is a key-operated door to the elevators on the second floor (Grand Canal level) and there were guards on the first floor to hold the elevators and making sure the door opened for everyone!

ENJOY!

In San Diego, it would depend on where you are wanting to go. If you are wanting to go to the zoo and/or the beaches I would recommend looking for a hotel in Mission Valley on Hotel Circle because you will have easy access to the interstates and straight shots from there to a lot of different areas. There are a lot of hotels there ranging from inexpensive to very expensive. You might also look at downtown in the Gaslamp District or near Horton Plaza for shopping and nightlife.

Your best bet for airlines that go to all the places you want to go with direct flights is American Airlines, but if you search you may be able to find great deals on other airlines as well. Your best bet is getting on a website that can search multiple airlines, I like www.kayak.com, and search the routes that you are looking for.

Southwest flies into San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Ft. Lauderdale. The only problem is Southwest doesn't release its schedules until less than 6 months out and isn't included on any of the flight search engines so you can only book them through their website. Also, Southwest isn't always the cheapest carrier into San Diego.

In San Diego, it would depend on where you are wanting to go. If you are wanting to go to the zoo and/or the beaches I would recommend looking for a hotel in Mission Valley on Hotel Circle because you will have easy access to the interstates and straight shots from there to a lot of different areas. There are a lot of hotels there ranging from inexpensive to very expensive. You might also look at downtown in the Gaslamp District or near Horton Plaza for shopping and nightlife.

Your best bet for airlines that go to all the places you want to go with direct flights is American Airlines, but if you search you may be able to find great deals on other airlines as well. Your best bet is getting on a website that can search multiple airlines, I like www.kayak.com, and search the routes that you are looking for.

Southwest flies into San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Ft. Lauderdale. The only problem is Southwest doesn't release its schedules until less than 6 months out and isn't included on any of the flight search engines so you can only book them through their website. Also, Southwest isn't always the cheapest carrier into San Diego.

Archived