Where do you learn about Cabin selection?

NiceAunt

Hi everyone!

Where might I go on this site to learn about cabin selections?

My nephew and I are booked on Harmony of the Sea's "maiden voyage" from Barcelona in June, 2016. We are currently booked on the 14th Deck, all the way in the back of the ship in an Ocean View cabin with a Balcony. We booked this on the recommendation of a friend who goes on 4-5 RC cruises a year. She said to "go as high as you can go and go towards the back of the ship." I don't think we can go any higher or any further back.

I see a lot of people book balconies that overlook the "Boardwalk" or "Central Park". Is having an interior balcony where you can look at the inside action more preferable than an exterior balcony with an ocean view? I get seasick and have always been told to "go high and look out over the horizon".

Any suggestions or guidance is much appreciated!

Oh boy! That may explain why that method of going higher never works for me. That said, I have only ever been on a Windjammer Cruise (no way to get any higher) and a Seabourn cruise. Thanks!

Both of your cruises have been on small ships where you will feel the movement much more than on a mega ship. I've been on Oasis and didn't feel anything, but then I don't get seasick. Whatever you decide, I don't think you will want an inside if you are prone to getting sick. As someone else suggested, a low balcony, midship would probably be best.

So far we've had a furthest aft family stateroom with a partially obstructed balcony on deck 8, and enjoyed the wake, a furthest ocean view forward cabin above the bridge and will be trying a high balcony midship in 41 days. Our verdict is not in. D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone!

My nephew and I are booked on Harmony of the Sea's "maiden voyage" from Barcelona in June, 2016. We are currently booked on the 14th Deck, all the way in the back of the ship in an Ocean View cabin with a Balcony. We booked this on the recommendation of a friend who goes on 4-5 RC cruises a year. She said to "go as high as you can go and go towards the back of the ship." I don't think we can go any higher or any further back.

I see a lot of people book balconies that overlook the "Boardwalk" or "Central Park". Is having an interior balcony where you can look at the inside action more preferable than an exterior balcony with an ocean view? I get seasick and have always been told to "go high and look out over the horizon".

Short answer, on CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone!

I once stayed in the last starboard oceanview balcony. It was a great cabin. If you have mobility issues, consider its 100 yards to the nearest elevator. Being fairly abled we enjoyed that and working off calories, but if you have mobility issues, it can be tedious.

If you have mobility issues, consider its 100 yards to the nearest elevator. Being fairly abled we enjoyed that and working off calories, but if you have mobility issues, it can be tedious.

I had some mobility issues on our last cruise on Serenade. We had the Aft Corner room, and fortunately they had a hand rail the length of the hallway. Many people using walking sticks on that cruise.