ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Eurodam Sail-Away January 3, 2016

Boytjie

Copper10-8.......John, are you leaving the World Cruise in Fort Lauderdale or are you staying aboard until San Diego. We are joining Amsterdam April 30th for the canal to Vancouver and would be great to sail with you.

What is the 1-2-3 thing that HAL does?

! :) :) :)

It's known as the "three-stage alarm" system.

First Stage Alarm (one short blast, followed by one long blast on the ships alarms and whistles, repeated at least three times)

Crew Alert Alarm (one long blast sounded for at least 15 seconds on the ships alarms and whistles)

General Emergency Alarm (seven short blasts followed by one long blast on the ship's alarms and whistles)

Copper10-8.......John, are you leaving the World Cruise in Fort Lauderdale or are you staying aboard until San Diego. We are joining Amsterdam April 30th for the canal to Vancouver and would be great to sail with you.

Going home in FLL at the conclusion; 115 days is enough this time. Sorry we'll miss you ;)

What is the 1-2-3 thing that HAL does?

It's funny listening to the captains talking about out-tooting each other.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

#1 -- First alarm -- I never counted the toots. Alerts everyone

#2 -- Second Alarm -- for crew only. All passengers are to report back to their cabins and await #3.

#3 -- Third Alarm -- the one we all are used to hearing -- 7 short and 1 long.

The first time we had this new system, we did go back to our cabin as instructed when we heard #2.

When #3 alarm sounded we headed for the elevator -- complete chaos. I use a Rollator and had to wait over 15 minutes to get an elevator. We were late to the drill. And then we had wait another 15 - 20 minutes to get an elevator to return to our cabin.

JMO -- I do not like this system.

#1 -- First alarm -- I never counted the toots. Alerts everyone

#2 -- Second Alarm -- for crew only. All passengers are to report back to their cabins and await #3.

#3 -- Third Alarm -- the one we all are used to hearing -- 7 short and 1 long.

The first time we had this new system, we did go back to our cabin as instructed when we heard #2.

When #3 alarm sounded we headed for the elevator -- complete chaos. I use a Rollator and had to wait over 15 minutes to get an elevator. We were late to the drill. And then we had wait another 15 - 20 minutes to get an elevator to return to our cabin.

JMO -- I do not like this system.

I agree KK, I don't like the new system either.