Hyatt Place San Juan

gwatson7

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with staying at this hotel. We are looking to stay there the evening after our cruise. Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Graham

Hi Kenny,

I just booked the one downtown for the night after our cruise returns on March 19th. It appears to be a good deal, but I can still cancel. I was hoping to see if anyone had stayed there, before committing the full payment

I am curious about this too. Looking at it for our cruise in March. Spending 3 nights in SJ before the cruise. Looking for value, clean, and good location to things.

Small boutique hotel? Friends love Casa Blanca. Middle of OSJ with a great roof terrace, close to good restaurants.

I just want you to realize that you will need to take a taxi or a bus to get to Old San Juan, if that is want you are wanting. Old San Juan is across the bridge on the other side of the bay.

Can't emphasize this enough. There's absolutely NOTHING to see or do around the Hyatt Place or Hyatt House right across the street. You will need a taxi to get almost anywhere but Condado (and that's a good 20 minute walk). Even if you're leaving from the nearby Pan American Pier, you will need transportation since the way to the terminal is not really "walk-friendly". But on the flip side, both places are brand new!

• 1 month later...
That's awesome. Thanks so much! We are planning stay there on the 19th of March.

Enjoy your cruise!

Well, we actually stayed at Hyatt House right across the street from Hyatt Place. Obviously switched them up in my head...lol.

Both are new and managed by the same person. Hyatt House is modern, clean, and bed was comfortable after a long day of flying prior to leaving on the cruise. Would not hesitate to recommend. Yes, you need a taxi to get to Old San Juan but we were so wiped out, we ended up just walking across the street to the Texas de Brasil steakhouse. FWIW, pool area at Hyatt Place looks like it is geared more towards kids with a waterworks type feature and pool at Hyatt House is more quiet with lots of palm trees and geared towards adults.

they will have pictures and info on the hotel and you shouldn't have to pay in advance only use your card to guarantee the room.

This may or may not be true. There are multiple types of rates available. Some are fully pre-paid and some are not. Be sure you are getting the one you need - the cheapest are usually the fully pre-paid ones. If you go for the non-prepaid, be sure you note the cancellation policy - if you need to cancel, you have to do it before that deadline or you will be charged at least 1 night (sometimes more, depending on the cancellation policy).

Edited by slidergirl