Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Bon Voyage!

Thank you for sharing your great adventure. I am going to go out and buy a lottery ticket and until they announce me as the winner I will follow every posting of your cruise. If I win on Wednesday I will catch up with you.

I hope every moment is filled with peace and smooth sailing. I love seeing my cruise ships for the first time right before boarding and I love that moment when you set foot on the ship. I even enjoy exploring my new cabin and unpacking.

When you go on a cruise over 100 days is it even more exciting? I can't imagine the thrill.

Have fun, stay well. You are making many people very happy by keeping us in the loop.

White hanky waving like crazy

4boysnana

It sounds like we are going to have a great time joining you on the world cruise through your daily posts. As someone else mentioned it will be nice to see the world cruise through the eyes of a "newbie." Thank you for taking us along. Cherie

p.s. Did you have the option of complimentary shipping of your luggage ahead of time and having it meet you in Florida?

Edited by cccole

You opening shot has piqued my interest, and I am looking forward to reading your reports all winter. Have a great time.

Have you visited any of the more far-flung ports before?

Hi Ruth,

I have been to 55 countries before this cruise which will add 10 new ones to my list.

Cambodia,

Cook Islands,

Greece,

India,

Indonesia,

Jordan,

Oman,

Portugal,

Sri Lanka,

Vietnam

Judy has been to 45 countries and she will add 14 to her list. All of mine are new to her as well, plus Spain, UAE, Israel and Thailand.

Pete

It sounds like we are going to have a great time joining you on the world cruise through your daily posts. As someone else mentioned it will be nice to see the world cruise through the eyes of a "newbie." Thank you for taking us along. Cherie

p.s. Did you have the option of complimentary shipping of your luggage ahead of time and having it meet you in Florida?

We did have complimentary luggage shipping, but is probably more accurately stated as a perk included in the basic fare. Nothing is really free after all. The prices if you pay for luggage ala carte is $115 for a large bag (up to 50lbs) $140 over 50lbs and $70 in to 30 lbs. it probably would have cost us about $800 if we paid for our 8 bags separately.

Hi Ruth,

I have been to 55 countries before this cruise which will add 10 new ones to my list.

Judy has been to 45 countries and she will add 14 to her list. All of mine are new to her as well, plus Spain, UAE, Israel and Thailand.

Pete

I know from experience that you will have a great time in some of those new places.

It will be fun seeing them again through fresh eyes.

I´m really looking forward to join your reading community for this cruise,

once upon a time I want to go on such a cruise.

You stated you are taking along 8 suitcases, as I only know inside staterooms or normal balcony ones. What kind of stateroom did you book? Is there a place outside your stateroom to store all this luggage while you are on board?

Thanks for clarifying the shipping of luggage. I can't even imagine the excitement of stepping on the MS Amsterdam for your adventure. If the shirt Pete was wearing when boarding the Delta flight in San Diego is any indication we are in for a fun time!!!! Bon Voyage, Cherie