Celebrity Silhouette Room 7155

kwillis07

Hi,

I have been on a few cruises now and use cruise critic a lot. But don't post a lot myself

My family (DH, DD, and myself) + in-laws are getting ready to sail the silhouette Jan 24.

My family is in balcony room 7155. I was just wondering how can I tell what the layout will be? Bed closer to bath or balcony? Would be great if someone had a pic!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kwillis07

That stateroom has a fold out sofa bed and upper berth. Since it will just be the three of you, you probably won't use the upper berth, which is flush with the overhead, but just the sofa bed. The sofa bed will be next to the balcony sliding glass doors with the main bed by the closet/bathroom.

Thanks!

How can I know the layout for future cruises?

On the Celebrity Deck Plan, a square means there is a convertible sofa bed, a triangle means there is an upper berth. On the S-class ships, if the room does not have a convertible sofa bed then the bed is generally near the balcony. Otherwise, the bed is near the bath.

Have a great cruise.

On the Celebrity Deck Plan, a square means there is a convertible sofa bed, a triangle means there is an upper berth. On the S-class ships, if the room does not have a convertible sofa bed then the bed is generally near the balcony. Otherwise, the bed is near the bath.

Have a great cruise.

That's not necessarily true. There are sections on the ship where there are no sofa beds or upper berths. You just have to remember that the cabins alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc. Find one with a square or triangle, and then count. For those sections with Aqua Class where there are neither, you have to look for a corresponding cabin on a lower deck, as each deck is a mirror image of the other. For example, Stateroom 1599 on Deck 11 has bed by the bath. Corresponding staterooms on Deck 10 (1229), Deck 9 (9207), Deck 8 (8251), Deck 7 (7211), and Deck 6 (6211) all have bed by the bath.

Thanks for the info.

So for the most part, if a room has a sofa bed - then alternate from it? bath/balcony/bath/balcony?

That would be correct -- either a sofa bed (square) and/or an upper berth (triangle) -- then the bed is by the bath. Some staterooms have a square, some have a triangle, some have both, and some have neither. When you get to an area on the ship that has neither, just go to one that does and begin counting. Easy Peasy. Hope you're not too confused. :D

Basically, the cabins are constructed in modules of 2 with an alcove. As you enter the alcove, the stateroom on the right has the bed by the bath, and the stateroom on the left has the bed by the balcony.