Adapter/Converter in Argentina

clojacks

I'm having trouble finding consistent information on the need of just an adapter or an adapter and converter for Argentina. We will be in Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls for a few days before boarding our ship in BA? We will have pretty common devices with us....Ipads, cell phones, camera battery chargers, curling irons.... Will these need converters or just adapters? Is there anyway I can tell on their chargers? Keeping in mind I am electricity challenged... I basically know what AC and DC are but beyond that, I sure wouldn't be trusted with my own wiring.

I'm having trouble finding consistent information on the need of just an adapter or an adapter and converter for Argentina. We will be in Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls for a few days before boarding our ship in BA? We will have pretty common devices with us....Ipads, cell phones, camera battery chargers, curling irons.... Will these need converters or just adapters? Is there anyway I can tell on their chargers? Keeping in mind I am electricity challenged... I basically know what AC and DC are but beyond that, I sure wouldn't be trusted with my own wiring.

The US electrical system is based on 110 volts. Argentina (and most of Europe) operates on 220 Volt systems. Most modern electronic devices are set up to handle the adjustment from one system to another. Check The label on on your device to be certain. If you don't find a label, look in your instruction manual.

Other small appliances may or may not be set up to adjust....your curling irons for example, probably won't adjust from 110 to 220 without a transformer....

So you will probably need an adapter for most everything since Argentina's plugs differ from our own, but won't need a transformer/adapter for your ipad and such...but probably will for your curling irons.

If you are staying in hotels in Iguazu and BA they will probably have adapters to loan to you to use during your stay..