HELP! Pick 1 of these 2 Cruises for me to go on!

My gf and I can't decide which cruise to go on. Our previous cruises are Oasis and Liberty.

The 2 cruises are:

Adventure - St Maarten, St Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados, St Johns

or

Freedom - Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

It seems as if the Adventure has a nicer itinerary, but we are thinking about somethings.

Some things we are thinking:

Adventure is smaller?

No Sorrento's on Adventure?

No Vintages on Adventure?

Is there a nightclub on Adventure?

Has anyone been on the Freedom, now that they don't have a nightclub? Someone said its in the Crown Viking, is it still any good?

Person experiences and opinions welcomed

When are you looking at doing this? Adventure is scheduled for a refurb soon and it will get more of the Freedom features. We're sailing on her in 4 weeks and I can't wait. I've been on Freedom and Liberty and thought that bigger did not make it better.

When are you looking at doing this? Adventure is scheduled for a refurb soon and it will get more of the Freedom features. We're sailing on her in 4 weeks and I can't wait. I've been on Freedom and Liberty and thought that bigger did not make it better.

May

did you notice where the nightclub was

Adventure is smaller?

Has anyone been on the Freedom, now that they don't have a nightclub? Someone said its in the Crown Viking, is it still any good?

If you're sailing for the ship and it's amenities (restaurants, larger pool deck, Florider, etc) hands down Freedom wins. If you're sailing for the ports, hands down Adventure wins. This southern Caribbean itinerary is just totally awesome and absolutely destroys the Freedom itinerary by a bazillion miles!

Regarding your specific questions:

Adventure is smaller? Not by much

No Sorrento's on Adventure? Cafe Promenade on Freedom is equivalent.

No Vintages on Adventure? Nope

Is there a nightclub on Adventure? Yep

Been on a couple ships where "The Dungeon" 2-story nightclub amongst other names has been removed. I found the Viking Crown nightclub to be great, equal or better to the regular two story. I find it's not the venue that makes or breaks the nightclub, it's the DJ and your fellow cruisers who show up or not! A great crowd and great Dj can make for a great party in a hallway! No one shows up and/or the DJ is garbage in the best venue ... well... you know.

Adventure out of San Juan will likely have more Latino influence for late night parties. Also with many more port days you'll get less people staying up late. Freedom will likely have more nightlife with the extra sea day.

There's my 2 cents... whatever you choose have an awesome cruise!

When is Adventure going into drydock, does anyone know what she's getting done? I was on the Oasis a year ago and I couldn't wait until I slept, b/c sleeping on a cruiseship is the best sleep I've ever gotten, NO:eek: they changed the mattress as well!

My gf and I can't decide which cruise to go on. Our previous cruises are Oasis and Liberty.

The 2 cruises are:

Adventure - St Maarten, St Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados, St Johns

or

Freedom - Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

It seems as if the Adventure has a nicer itinerary, but we are thinking about somethings.

Some things we are thinking:

Adventure is smaller?

We love western for the calm seas, and the fun excursions.

We love Labadee the private area on Haiti.

Good luck, a lot of other great advice here.

Safe travels.

I have not been on the Freedom, but I've been on the Adventure multiple times. I too love the cruises out of San Juan to the So. Carib. ports. We also really like spending several nights in San Juan. We prefer the amenities the larger ships offer and all of the dining options that you don't currently get with AOS, but regardless we will continue to cruise on the smaller ships like AOS to go to the ports out of San Juan.

Adventure is smaller? Yes and doesn't offer all of the amenities that the larger ships do, but it is worth it going to the So. Carib. They still have Giovanni's as an option and the MDR (MTD) was always good on our last Adventure trip.

No Sorrento's on Adventure? Nope

No Vintages on Adventure? Nope

Is there a nightclub on Adventure? The have a DJ somewhere every night, it may still be Jester's if I remember correctly.

Has anyone been on the Freedom, now that they don't have a nightclub? Haven't been on Freedom

Someone said its in the Crown Viking, is it still any good? Don't know.

Either way, whatever you choose, you will like them both for different reasons.

Happy sailing.

Adventure - I've been on the FOS 4 times was one of my favorite ships

until they added the cabins. Does not seem to be a problem when

school is in session. We had 800 children on our cruise in June.

JMHO

Another vote for Adventure, just a better itinerary, only strike against Adventiure for me would be the metal balconies instead of the see through plexiglass style.

While Freedom class is noted by many to be their fave because it's got almost everything the big boys do it also can't go to some of the smaller ports of call I the So. Caribbean