Canaries with a wheelchair

Tonto Goldberg

Just booked our first cruise to the Canaries and one of our party is wheelchair bound. Could anyone give me any names of companies that do trips for disabled people. our ports of call are Maderia,La Palma, Lanzarote, Tenerife and Lisbon. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

In Tenerife take the new tram to the old capital of La Laguna. The trams are fully wheelchair accessible with wide doors and level access at the tram stops. There are quite a few video clips on YouTube.

The journey is about 30 minutes each way and you get some good views as you climb up the mountain.

Brian

We were in Maderia last year and their were shuttle busses set up for taking wheelchair users from where the ship docked into town. As for trips I am not sure if the busses were able to take wheel chair user. Have a nice time.

Just booked our first cruise to the Canaries and one of our party is wheelchair bound. Could anyone give me any names of companies that do trips for disabled people. our ports of call are Maderia,La Palma, Lanzarote, Tenerife and Lisbon. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Hi, if the member of your party is able to walk a few steps with help, say on to a coach, I think I am right in saying that many of the P&O excursions are graded for people with disabilities / people who may prefer to have excursions where there isn't the need to walk much. I've certainly been on excursions where we have had disabled people in wheelchairs with us.

I am not sure re the other ports but it may be worth contacting the tourist information centres for each port, they may be able to give you companies that they trust and would be happy to recommend.

Am not sure if this is helpful, but whatever, have a great cruise.:)