Eurodam Neptune Suite - post dry-dock

barbarah33

On Holland’s website they have floor plans for the Neptune Suites after ships have undergone the new Suite Enhancements. I’m hoping somebody who has sailed on the Eurodam since she came out of dry-dock can help me here. On those plans it looks to me like they have done away with the dressing room that was right outside the bathroom and added a separate commode and sink area instead. Is this the case on the ‘new and improved Eurodam’ or do they still have the dressing rooms?

Thank you!

Was in 7049 on the New Year 15/16 cruise. Our front door was directly opposite the Neptune lounge.

You come out of the bathroom and there is a little hallway with 3 closets on left hand side and a dressing table on the right hand side. Dressing table has 3 drawers underneath, a little stool (with storage underneath) and a waste bin.

Dressing room is still there. There are another 3 closets outside the dressing room area in the hallway that leads to the external door.

2 wash basins in the bathroom and one toilet - thats it. There is a separate shower and a bath beside each other but the shower area was rather cramped so we showered in the bath. The bath alway has a shower head and is also acts a hot tub with bubbles.

Edited by JohnKen3

I just sent an e-mail to a friend and was telling her about the pictures that another member here showed that the separate shower was gone.

I am glad to hear that the separate shower is still there as I can no longer get over any tub. In fact all bathrooms in our house now have showers -- no bath tubs.

JohnKen3 - thank you SO much for that information. You have made me smile. I enjoy the dressing room as it gives me a place 'out of his way' to get myself organized for dinner, etc. I was disappointed when I saw the sketches showing that they were doing away with them and am happy to hear they have not!

The image is of the refreshed Eurodam suites but if you click the buttons on the right it takes you to the birds eye views of Koningsdam's arrangement.

Definitely a bit on the confusing side, but they are not structurally changing the suites on existing ships. Just changing and upgrading electronics and materials

The image is of the refreshed Eurodam suites but if you click the buttons on the right it takes you to the birds eye views of Koningsdam's arrangement.

Definitely a bit on the confusing side, but they are not structurally changing the suites on existing ships. Just changing and upgrading electronics and materials

I didn't word my response correctly. I did mean that they were using the floor plans from the Koningsdam on the site for the suite upgrades. I didn't think they were replacing the suites. :eek:

Thanks for pointing out that the renderings they have posted are for the Koningsdam and not all ships once the new suite enhancements have been added. Well, I guess that is yet another reason for me not to get too excited for the Koningsdam quite yet. (I do enjoy that dressing room.) As it is I am waiting to hear from others how she is; being the largest Holland America has ever had I wonder if service or quality will slip a bit just based on sheer volume.

Then again I was on St. Martin when the Oasis of the Seas docked beside our ship back when she was brand-spanking new and I swore I would never sail on that as well: far-far too large. The past September we sailed on her and to be honest we never noticed the fact that she had over 6,000 people onboard. Royal Caribbean handled it all very well. But please note we are back to Holland America on our very next cruise - less than a month away. The Oasis was fine and we can say we have 'been there, done that' but we weren't ready to book another one quite yet.

Thanks for pointing out that the renderings they have posted are for the Koningsdam and not all ships once the new suite enhancements have been added. Well, I guess that is yet another reason for me not to get too excited for the Koningsdam quite yet. (I do enjoy that dressing room.) As it is I am waiting to hear from others how she is; being the largest Holland America has ever had I wonder if service or quality will slip a bit just based on sheer volume.

Then again I was on St. Martin when the Oasis of the Seas docked beside our ship back when she was brand-spanking new and I swore I would never sail on that as well: far-far too large. The past September we sailed on her and to be honest we never noticed the fact that she had over 6,000 people onboard. Royal Caribbean handled it all very well. But please note we are back to Holland America on our very next cruise - less than a month away. The Oasis was fine and we can say we have 'been there, done that' but we weren't ready to book another one quite yet.

We feel the same way about RCI's Oasis Class and Quantum Class ships -- too large, for our tastes. We did feel like they were crowded -- they can carry the entire population of our town. We go on vacation to "get out of town", not take it with us.

N Ray H