Freedom Of The Seas - Superior Oceanview Stateroom Questions

MACE

Hi Folks:

Our family of 4 is interested in sailing on this ship around 8/2006.

Does a Cat D2 Superior Oceanview Stateroom hold 4 or do we have to go with a Cat D1?

Lowest deck with these staterooms is deck 6?

If available, can we book a guaranteed Cat D2 or Superior Oceanview Stateroom -vs- a specific cabin assignment?

Finally, I heard the latest Crown and Anchor magazine highlighted this Ship, how long ago was that issued mailed out and did it have coupons that could be used Freedom sailings?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Hi Folks:

Does a Cat D2 Superior Oceanview Stateroom hold 4 or do we have to go with a Cat D1?

If available, can we book a guaranteed Cat D2 or Superior Oceanview Stateroom -vs- a specific cabin assignment?

Finally, I heard the latest Crown and Anchor magazine highlighted this Ship, how long ago was that issued mailed out and did it have coupons that could be used Freedom sailings?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Not too many people are familiar with this ship yet as it is still being built. I would call RCCL and ask them as they would be able to give you a true answer. Sorry I could not help.

p.s. I just looked at the freedom of the seas deckplans and it appears the the D1, D2 cat staterooms only have either 2 beds or 3 beds (1 pulldown) or 2 and a sleeper sofa. Depending on the size of the sleeper sofa, that might work for you. Or, you will have to change cats.

Hi Folks:

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Unless they have changed things D2's are only double occupancy. Same goes for E2's. Unless they have changed deck plans you would need a D1 or E1 for a balcony on deck 6. As far as guarantees I have only seen them offered on our sailing once or twice and they wern't there for but a day or two. Have fun picking the perfect cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hey Folks, thanks for the replies. Sounds like a D1 cabin will be needed for our family of 4.

In regards to picking the perfect cabin, gonna look for a D1 with sofa bed, probably thinking on deck 10, guessing that the Lido deck will be on deck 11, all the way aft, most port or starboard side cabin, geez, good luck huh?

Gonna study the available deck plans, then call RCCL to see whats available.

Back to the C&A magazine, did the most recent edition indeed have a article on the Freedom of the Seas?

Thanks again

-MACE-

Nantucketer

Thanks for the reply.

We should be getting our C&A magzine pretty soon.

Glad it has a write up on the Freedom but too bad about the coupons, they're about one month too late for us to use. I'm sure they'll fit into someone's cruise plans though.

-MACE-

Hey Folks, thanks for the replies. Sounds like a D1 cabin will be needed for our family of 4.

In regards to picking the perfect cabin, gonna look for a D1 with sofa bed, probably thinking on deck 10, guessing that the Lido deck will be on deck 11, all the way aft, most port or starboard side cabin, geez, good luck huh?

Gonna study the available deck plans, then call RCCL to see whats available.

Back to the C&A magazine, did the most recent edition indeed have a article on the Freedom of the Seas?

Thanks again

-MACE-

First of all, this ship is selling out very quickly. We are booked on 8/20/06 cruise. I did not check out pricing for 3rd and 4th in a room, but usually it makes more sense to book two cabins since the difference in price is not that much. Major advantage is more room and two bathrooms. Children cannot stay alone, so you will have to split up. There are some adjoining rooms available.

Cat D1 is selling out fast, per RCL we only have 3 choices left: deck 10 cabins 1390 and 1392 Starboard side, pretty far aft or deck 9, cabin 9342, port side, sorta near elevators and closer to mid-ship...all 3 for the same price.

And, if this is your fifth cruise, they are offering a discount on balcony cabins...this is our fifth cruise but our C/A membership # only reflects this as our 4th cruise, something we have to clarify with RCL.

We're leaning towards #9342, though I assume one extra flight of stairs to the LIDO deck -vs- the deck 10 cabins, does give the better views when leaving Miami.

FWIW, we were able to request late dinning, window seat for 4...are there multiple main dinning rooms, with one offering better attmosphere and sea views? So far, the available deck plans only show deck 3 having a dinning room, me thinks a ship of this size must have two main dinning rooms.

Thanks again for the feedback...still waiting for our C/A mag to arrive in NY

Cat D1 is selling out fast, per RCL we only have 3 choices left: deck 10 cabins 1390 and 1392 Starboard side, pretty far aft or deck 9, cabin 9342, port side, sorta near elevators and closer to mid-ship...all 3 for the same price.

And, if this is your fifth cruise, they are offering a discount on balcony cabins...this is our fifth cruise but our C/A membership # only reflects this as our 4th cruise, something we have to clarify with RCL.

We're leaning towards #9342, though I assume one extra flight of stairs to the LIDO deck -vs- the deck 10 cabins, does give the better views when leaving Miami.

FWIW, we were able to request late dinning, window seat for 4...are there multiple main dinning rooms, with one offering better attmosphere and sea views? So far, the available deck plans only show deck 3 having a dinning room, me thinks a ship of this size must have two main dinning rooms.

Thanks again for the feedback...still waiting for our C/A mag to arrive in NY

WOW 9342 snap that puppy up, I have it now, well my parents do. I would not like 1390 or 1392 at all and would book another category.

You won't get out of Gold until after this cruise, it goes by completed cruises.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Opps, I said 9342 was port side, actually its starboard side,pretty much mid-ship. Our RCCL rep called it a 'bubble' cabin. Booked this cabin last night.

Being that the ship's plans are a little vauge, anyone aware of advantages or disadvantages of these so called 'bubble' cabins?

Bigger cabin and/or balcony than other D1 cabins?

Maybe a little less 'stable' as the cabins overhang the ship's superstructure?

Regardless, our daughter is excited that we picked this cabin -vs- the other mentioned deck 10 cabins. Always like to choose something a little different such as corner aft cabins or forward facing bow cabins.

BTW, would it be just a water view leaving the port of Miami, when facing starboard? We've always had port facing cabins, seeing land, the traffic, homes, and beaches, when leaving.

Thanks again

-MACE-

Archived