Can SkyWalkers see into rooms?

SeaPete

You are referring to the SEA WALK :)

SkyWalkers is the Club located at the rear of some ships.

YES some cabins can be looked into from the SEA WALK ....IMHO , location is one of the worst onboard.......unless not being able to sit on your balcony without people looking at you or having to keep your drapes always closed while changing or sleeping :D Doesn't bother you.

Seriously, not much privacy there. And its on BOTH sides of the ship.

Edited by blkspy

You are referring to the SEA WALK :)

SkyWalkers is the Club located at the rear of some ships.

YES some cabins can be looked into from the SEA WALK ....IMHO , location is one of the worst onboard.......unless not being able to sit on your balcony without people looking at you or having to keep your drapes always closed while changing or sleeping :D Doesn't bother you.

Seriously, not much privacy there. And its on BOTH sides of the ship.

Yes you can see in, however, most folks walk across the seawalk once on a cruise and are interested in looking at the water, not into rooms. Also, it is only on one side - the other side has a glass floor by the bar - not conducive to standing and staring into balconies.

During the day the glass on the sliding door is reflective and you can not see into the room. At night you would close your drapes. When sitting on the balcony you may be seen however people don't stand and gawk at you. They just keep on moving. You can actually see more of them above.

There have been no complaints from people that have stayed in these cabins. I wouldn't be concerned.

During the day the glass on the sliding door is reflective and you can not see into the room. At night you would close your drapes. When sitting on the balcony you may be seen however people don't stand and gawk at you. They just keep on moving. You can actually see more of them above.

There have been no complaints from people that have stayed in these cabins. I wouldn't be concerned.

I agree during the day one could not see inside a cabin.

No complaints at all? Just a question...How do you know this?

Thought I read a few negative reviews--could have been on a different website. But ill defer to your guarantee.:)

Edited by blkspy

First time going on a Princess cruise. Noticed the Regal ship has a sky walk on the starboard side. I am in room r317 which I read is 2 levels below the skywalk. Can people see into the rooms? Thanks

CC has a sticky with many photos of the Regal & here's a link to all of their Sea Walk photos:

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/regal-princess-679/seawalk-100477/

A small image of one of the CC photos:

seawalk--v5953382-cc-218.jpg.8b3af3007b5e4531b036bda8983b984a.jpg

No complaints at all? Just a question...How do you know this?

Thought I read a few negative reviews--could have been on a different website. But ill defer to your guarantee.:)

I'm not guaranteeing anything. I have not seen complaints about visibility from the seawalk from people that were IN those cabins here on CC.

Having just gotten off the regal, and spending some time on the Sea Walk, you can see in the front portion of the room, but not enough to be a concern, the balcony area is view able, but it's outside so who cares. they are lovely rooms and I disagree that it's a terrible design.

I believe those room are mini suites so there is a living area right there so I don't think there is much worry about being seen exiting or entering the shower/bathroom in any sort of disrobe. Unless you spend time in front of the window/sliding door in which case you are expected to have little privacy.

Like the previous poster mentioned, not many people spend time on that feature, they look out to see, down and then move on.

Had one of those mini-suites just below the Lido deck and under the Skywalk.

Many are concerned about privacy and don't book these cabins , they go to the unsuspecting or to Mini-suite Guarantee's , like us .

However , you can see very little into the cabin at best ( perhaps someones feet if the door is open.

People on the Skywalk don't linger , they stare down at the water or walk swiftly in fear . After the first day or two , traffic decreases.

The blue lights of the Skywalk do bother some that leave their curtains open at night .

To sum up , privacy is not as bad as you may expect as we spent more time watching people react to the walk than they did watching us .

Still one of what I think is some of the design problems along with the missing center staircase , that will get me back on the older Princes ships .

And its on BOTH sides of the ship.

Not so - the other side (port side, even numbered cabins) are under a bar. You don't have people looking down onto your balconies. We were in C410 on the Royal in October and there were no privacy issues.

Nice cabins as long as you don't mind being in a fishbowl during the day when on the balcony & keeping the drapes closed at night.:rolleyes:

I don't think there was one day when we saw anyone using their balconies & I know there were people occupying the cabins since the lights were on at night.

Nice cabins as long as you don't mind being in a fishbowl during the day when on the balcony & keeping the drapes closed at night.:rolleyes:

I don't think there was one day when we saw anyone using their balconies & I know there were people occupying the cabins since the lights were on at night.

Wow! You spent all day watching the cabins?

Right - everyone writes about seeing from the Sea Walk into cabins and your comment makes one wonder how many "upskirts" are seen from balconies right below.:eek:

We were in C428 under the bar on the Royal and practically lived on the balcony during our cruise. We had no privacy concerns - people might look down once or twice from the bar but that's it They don't spend their time staring. There is more privacy on these balconies than on the partially covered large Caribe balconies on other ships that a lot of people rave about. We liked this cabin so much, we have booked the same one on the Regal for a cruise later this year.

Wow! You spent all day watching the cabins?

Not really but just walking by at different times it obvious how little privacy those people have in the rooms & balconies just below the skywalk.

Choosing a lower deck is so much better.

I'm almost beginning to think Princess assigns these rooms as guarantees if they're not booked by unknowing passengers.

There's also no sun shinning on these balconies if that's an important item for anyone.

There is a lot more privacy on the balconies on Royal and Regal than on the Grand class ships Caribe, Dolphin or Emerald decks. Also, much more privacy than on certain ships, such as Diamond, on the forward part of the Emerald deck (E100 to E121).