MDR Menu Question for Breakaway

takeadip

Hi All,

53 days and counting until our very first experience with NCL on the Breakaway cruise out of NYC!!!

In the "free" Main Dining Rooms Savor, Taste, Manhattan does the dinner menu change every night like the MDR's on our previous 9 princess cruises?

I would hate to see the same menu every single night...i may get bored and have to try other places..

How about the menu in o"sheehans? does it change and offer specials?

Best,

Mark

The menu changes daily but there are semi-repeat dishes from other nights. There is very little difference between the three venues on a given night. I've heard mixed things on the chef special and see no reason to rank it over other dishes. Hopefully BA will be one of the first ships to start offering up charge items like whole lobster as it will be cheaper than having to go to a specialty (assuming you don't have SDP). I've only snacked at O'Sheehans once as it's mostly pub food. Menus can be found with a quick forum search.

The MDR menus have a section that stays the same throughout the cruise and then a section that is different everyday. OSheehan's menu is constant throughout the cruise with the exception of a special on certain nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for the info....we are not very picky eaters...but enjoy nicer foods while vacationing..so i think the first 3 days we will try the MDR option...then maybe venture off...our 6 yr old son will prob like the noodle bar..

Best,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Of the 3 dining rooms, does anyone recommend one over the others and why? This is first time sailing on Norwegian and not familiar with them. Do you recommend making dinner reservations for the whole week? is it really necessary?

Taste and Savor are very similar. If going there then I would go to the one with the shortest queue.

The Manhattan Room is bigger and it has a slightly stricter dress code (no shorts). There may be a band playing and it is a bigger room. In comparison to the other rooms it is quite noisy.

If you want a quieter meal then I'd go to Taste or Savor, but Manhattan is probably more fun.

The menus will be the same in all of them.

If you are just eating in the MDRs then, unless you are part of a big group, then there isn't any need to make reservations.

Of the 3 dining rooms, does anyone recommend one over the others and why? This is first time sailing on Norwegian and not familiar with them. Do you recommend making dinner reservations for the whole week? is it really necessary?

Taste and Savor have the same menu. I prefer the blue color scheme (at Taste , I think) but you may as well pick the one with a smaller line.

The Manhattan Room can be loud if there is music/dancing when you are there. There's a terrific view out the aft of the ship if you're there during daylight/sunset.

There may be one dish different between Manhattan and Taste/Savor. Check the posted menus if you care.

There is no need to make a reservation unless you have a large party (more than 8) who wants to sit together, or you want to be sure to eat at a specific time between 7pm and 8pm without a wait. I don't think I've ever made one.

Edited by Valen9