Upsells

Delasolbaltimore

Don't get discouraged! I called at 15 days, 12 days, and 6 days until sailing and finally got an up sell on the escape from an inside to a mini suite with large balcony for $300 for 2 people. When I called the last time and asked for up sells they advised they had balconies and mini suites for $150 pp. I asked for availability on deck 8 and they had a mini suite. To be down the hall from smoking areas and district?!? Yes!

Set a reminder for next week to call when we are about 2 weeks out.

We too are booked in an inside Deck 12 aft, so would be nice to upgrade to balcony for around $300.

Did they let you pick from a list of open rooms or did you just say deck 8 suite sounds good? :) let me know!

Calling the week before works well. Did not think we would have much of a chance as we have been watching the boards here and it looks like limited success on our sailing on the Escape 1/23 as it is nearly sold out. But what did we have to lose? Called our travel agent tonight and she called NCL looking for an upsell on our behalf. It was successful. We were offered a BX Balcony upgrading us from a IB Inside for $225 per person. We decided to go for it! The big bonus was they also offered us the upgrade from the soda package booked through the promotion last August. We were shocked when our travel agent came back on the line and said they just offered us the UBP. We never expected that! 8 Days to sail and we are happy cruisers! Already assigned a BE (Family Balcony) on deck 12. Thank you NCL! :)

Wow that's great - I had the choose two promo of the beverage package and the dining package and got to keep that. This is my 26th cruise and the first time I don't have to worry about a bar tab so I am going to be spoiled. The large balcony is going to spoil me too because it has a lounge chair which is going to be great when I sleep outside. I hate camping but it never feels like that when I am at sea and it's my guilty pleasure

We're cruising on the 1/30 Escape. I worked with NCL directly to upgrade 1 balcony and 3 inside rooms to midship mini suite. The upgrade cost was $150pp for the first two passengers in each room - $300 per room total. This was a great deal for the insides, and a not-so-great deal for the balcony. We chose to upgrade all 4 rooms so we could remain relatively close together.

Two of the reserations were made through NCL, and the other two were through a travel agent. I had no problem upgrading all 4 rooms directly. I was able to keep all existing promos - Kids Sail Free for 1 room and Pick Two UDP/SDP for the others.

I couldn't be more thrilled! This was a bit of an impromptu trip, following a big family cruise on the BA last summer. Back then all of our rooms were at a premium price due to the peak traveling period, so maybe we were due for a great deal this time around during a less-crowded week. Most of us are sailing mid ship mini suite with SDP/UDP for around $790pp. I'm not sure you could do much better anywhere else. Thanks NCL!